Garlic Roasted Potatoes with Lemon are a deliciously simple side dish for any gathering or family meal. They’re easy, tasty, and healthy to boot!
Garlic Roasted Potatoes with Lemon
As a runner who trains on a tight schedule, I cherish my off days when I trade my shoelaces for flip flops and just walk. It’s highly prized me-time, since most of my days are a whirlwind of work and cleaning and alltheboys.
Especially when the weather’s warm and sunny, allowing ourselves that refreshing outdoor time inevitably meansless time in the kitchen. Like, there’s 1% motivation to go inside and cook.
Thankfully, we have this scrumptious collection of Favorite Grill Recipes that are easy and let us enjoy the outdoors all evening long. And for our potato lovers, this irresistible Garlic Roasted Potatoes with Lemon is where it’s at.
These golden beauties take only 25 minutes to cook. They’re ultra lemony, garlicky, tender, and perfect when you’re short on time. They taste like summer on your plate. We love these garlic roasted potatoes for quick family dinners as well as gatherings.
How to Roast Potatoes SO they’re Perfectly Browned and Tender
- Russet potatoes are a reliable choice for tender, fluffy roasted potatoes. However, if you need to use up some red potatoes or yukon golds in your kitchen, those are a delicious alternative.
- Though you certainly don’t have to peel your russets, we recommend doing so for best flavor absorption (also good for eaters who don’t love the skin on.)
- Be sure your potatoes are cut to 1-inch sized cubes so that they cook evenly throughout. The bite-sized pieces also allow for faster cooking.
- It’s very important to fully towel-dry the potato cubes prior to cooking; don’t skimp on this step. Drying the potatoes will allow them to roast properly, without excess moisture causing them to become “steamed.”
- Always arrange potato cubes in a single, even layer on a large, foil-covered sheet pan. A single layer, uncrowded pan of potatoes will give you even browning throughout.
- If you’d like your finished potatoes even more browned, simply let them sit under the broiler for a couple of minutes and watch so they don’t burn. Serve them immediately, while the tops are nice and crisp.
Main Dishes to go with your Potatoes
- BBQ Pork Tenderloin: This Peach BBQ Pork Tenderloin recipe makes tasty use of juicy summer peaches. The peach BBQ sauce is magical with tender grilled pork tenderloin.
- Hawaiian BBQ Grilled Chicken: This Hawaiian BBQ Grilled Chicken is inspired by the bright, lively flavors of Hawaii. Friends and family love this flavorful dish.
- Lemon Dijon Grilled Chicken: Grill up some Lemon Dijon Grilled Chicken before summer’s over. It’s a tasty and healthy dinner everyone will appreciate. Tender, flavorful, and fabulously easy for any night of the week.
- Garlic Marinated Ribeye Steaks: If you’re looking for a change of pace, try these Garlic Marinated Ribeye Steaks. Big on flavor and melt-in-your-mouth tenderness…perfect grilling all summer long.
You May Like This Sweet Potato Dish, Too:
Garlic Lemon Roasted Potatoes
Garlic Lemon Roasted Potatoes are a deliciously simple side dish for any gathering, summer picnic, or family meal. They’re easy, tasty, and healthy to boot!
- Prep Time: 10 min
- Cook Time: 20 min
- Total Time: 30 minutes
Yield: 6 1x
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 8 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tsp onion powder
- 1 1/8 tsp table salt
- 1/2 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 3 lbs russet potatoes, peeled and cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1/2 cup regular strength chicken broth
- 1/4 cup freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 3 TB freshly chopped chives for garnish
- Preheat oven to 400F, with rack on middle position.
- In a bowl, whisk together the olive oil, garlic, onion powder, salt, and pepper until well combined
- Towel-dry potatoes to remove all excess moisture. Place potatoes in single layer on a large rimmed baking sheet lined with foil. Evenly distribute the olive oil mixture over the potatoes and toss to combine well.
- Bake 10 minutes, uncovered. Add broth, gently toss again, and bake another 10 minutes. Add lemon juice, toss, and bake 5 minutes or just until potatoes are tender.
- Serve immediately, sprinkled with fresh chives.
If you’d like more of a browned look to the potatoes, broil them for a few minutes after baking, but watch closely so they don’t burn. Serve immediately.
If you’d like additional tips, please see original article.
If you enjoyed this dish, please come back and give it a rating ♡
- Serving Size: 1
- Calories: 112
- Sugar: 0.7 g
- Sodium: 179 mg
- Fat: 4.8 g
- Carbohydrates: 16.5 g
- Protein: 2 g
- Cholesterol: 0.2 mg
- Category: Side
- Method: Roast
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: Lemon Roasted Potatoes, Garlic Roasted Potatoes, Roasted Potatoes
* These Garlic Lemon Roasted Potatoes are part of our Best Lemon Recipe Collection.