Marinated Ribeye Steaks
Try these Marinated Ribeye Steaks for your next cookout . They boast huge flavor and melt-in-your-mouth tenderness…perfect grilling all summer long. Other cuts such as T-bone or New York work beautifully as well.
If you have family or friends who enjoy juicy, flavorful, tender steaks…put these marinated steaks on the menu for your next grill night.
You may notice people hovering over your shoulder while you cook up these savory steaks. If that’s the case, simple appetizers like this easy Black Bean Avocado Dip and a refreshing pitcher of mango cooler will make your people happy while these luscious steaks are sizzling on the grill.
Here’s the lowdown on these Marinated Steaks:
- They’re super juicy and tender
- The marinade packs a big punch of flavor in every single bite
- The steaks can be marinated 1-2 days beforehand, making your cookout super easy
- These steaks? They’re way better than the usual hot dogs and burgers. Just sayin’…
Marinated Steaks: What to Prepare Ahead
You likely already have many of the ingredients in your pantry: items like balsamic vinegar, soy sauce, and onion powder are great to have on hand.
Plan on grabbing the rest of the ingredients a couple of days before you intend to grill your steaks, as it’s highly recommended that you give steaks 1-2 nights to marinate. Overnight is good; two nights is even better.
Tip: liquid smoke typically comes in small bottles and is usually found in most major grocery stores; it’s absolutely worth it. It provides an extra boost of smoky flavor to your meats, and a small bottle can go a long way. We add a bit of liquid smoke on this smoky BBQ pulled chicken and tender BBQ baked ribs…it makes a world of difference.
see this Steak recipe in action:
Note that in creating this recipe, we used both ribeye and T-bone steaks. The recipe is fabulous with either cut, as long they steaks are good quality and fresh from your butcher/grocer.
Once you have your handful of ingredients, simply combine it all in an airtight container and let steaks soak up the marinade flavors in the fridge until grill time. If needed, turn steaks over halfway through marinading time so all sides are nicely flavored.
Bonus option: after removing steaks from marinade, feel free to transfer marinade sauce to a saucepan and bring to a boil, so you can use it as a sauce to drizzle over cooked steaks. This is a simple and delicious way to make use of all the flavorful marinade.
Marinated Ribeye Steaks
- 2 high quality bone-in ribeye or T-bone steaks, about 1 lb each*
- 3 TB balsamic vinegar
- 4 TB regular strength soy sauce
- 8 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 TB pure honey
- 1 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- ½ tsp liquid smoke
- ¼ tsp ginger powder
- Optional: chopped chives or scallions for garnish
- Prep Steaks: Towel dry the steaks and pierce meat throughout with fork. Set aside.
- Marinade: In a bowl, whisk together all remaining ingredients until well combined. Rub marinade into the fork-pierced steaks and place in a single layer (pie pan or baking dish works well.) Coat fully with marinade. Cover and chill 1-2 days in fridge.
- Cook: Grease your grill and preheat to medium high heat. Grill steaks 3-5 minutes per side or until your preferred level of doneness (medium rare is suggested.) You may either discard marinade or boil it in a saucepan while steaks are cooking, as it can be used as a sauce to drizzle over the grilled steaks.
- Rest and Serve: Let steaks rest up to 5 minutes before serving with your choice of chopped herbs for garnish.
Did you make this?
Leave a comment below and tag @chewoutloud on Instagram
Fire up the grill…
Honey Lime Chicken Skewers – here’s an incredibly flavorful, easy way to cook chicken on the grill. Making it kebab-style allows you to evenly cook all sides of every tender piece.
Honey Mustard Grilled Pork Chops – make use of the classic honey mustard flavor profile in this succulent pork chop recipe.
Grilled Teriyaki Salmon – after tasting this mouthwatering teriyaki salmon, you’ll be putting it on regular dinner rotation immediately. It’s our favorite way to enjoy healthy salmon.
Mexican Cheeseburgers – you can’t go wrong with perfectly grilled cheeseburgers, loaded with zesty guacamole and salsa. It’s hard to go back to regular burgers after this.