These M&M Cookies are the first vanish from any cookie tray. They’re festive, soft and chewy, and so easy to make. Bonus: both the dough and baked cookies freeze beautifully.
M&M Cookies (Holiday Colors)
There’s not much longer to wait until Christmas. Which means there probably won’t be enough time to do allthethings we’d like to do.
There are so many good things to be involved in this time of year, but we’re trying to stick to the best things. The most meaningful things. The most life-giving things.
Pare down, scale back, if even just a smidgen. Load reduction really isn’t my forte. It’s a work in progress, this sanity preservation.
Which is why I suggested we skip our annual trip down to Santaland this year and bake up some festive M&M Cookies with all the red, green, and white one can muster up in a Christmas cookie.
M&M Cookies are great for cookie exchanges, gifts, and cookie platters.
The Littles have walked through Santaland every single year. I think we’ve got the entire holiday display memorized by now.
I figured they were ready to move on. But wouldn’t ya know it, all 3 of them gasped and stared wide-eyed at their mama who suggested we skip that scene.
Guess what we ended up not skipping? (I mean, the boys will only be mesmerized by singing pine trees for a few short years, so I gave in.)
We also made time for these M&M Cookies that taste like a holiday party in every chewy soft bite. These M&M Cookies are awesome for cookie exchanges, cookie gifts, and dessert tables. No cookie platter would be complete with these tasty Christmas cookies.
M&M Cookies freeze beautifully
These festive cookies are soft, chewy, and loaded with goodies. Sharing is highly recommended. Thankfully, they freeze beautifully, which means they’re a great make-ahead recipe.
Both the unbaked dough and the baked cookies themselves can be wrapped airtight and frozen for 1-2 weeks.
Fun substitutions for your M&M cookies
- Super obvious, but swap out the M&M colors according to the season/occasion to suit your cookie needs
- Use semi-sweet chocolate chips, if you’re not into white chocolate chips
- Drizzle with white chocolate or semi-sweet chocolate instead of the sprinkles
- Add chopped nuts, toffee bits, or pretzel bits for more crunch
Our Popular Jam Thumbprints:
Christmas Cookie Exchange:
- Perfect Vanilla Almond Cut Out Cookies. They won’t get out of shape. Plus they taste fabulous.
2. 3-Ingredient Buttery Shortbread Cookies. Just 3 ingredients to these delightful shortbread treats.
3. Buttery Jam Thumbprint Cookies. Buttery, jammy, and a crowd favorite. Play with all flavors of jam!
4. Snowball Cookies. So incredibly tasty, they melt in your mouth.
5. Chewy Soft Ginger Cookies. Batch after batch, this recipe ended up the favorite ginger cookie of all.
6. Gingerbread Biscotti. Nothing goes better with your cup of joe during the holidays. They’re awesome gifts, as they keep super well and crispy!