These Protein Granola Energy Bars pack a powerful punch of nutrition to get you through that busy work day, morning workout, or weekend trip. It’s a delicious way to fuel up when you’re on the go.
I’ve been pretty shy and keeping all mum about it here, but it’s time to spill the beans.
I’m training for my second full marathon. I’ve been hardcore training for the past 4 months, and it’s an all-consuming lifestyle.
At this point, the grueling day in/day out pavement pounding is nearing a close. The big 26.2 is just around the corner. Ready or not.
For whatever reason, I don’t talk much about my running. Probably because I’m afraid it’ll jinx me. I’m not superstitious. I’m totally not. [But maybe I am just a little teeensy weeensy bit...?]
My dad might have had a little something to do with the itty bitty superstitious side of my silly brain. Just when you say it’ll never happen, it’ll happen. Yeah, that.
So though I generally don’t gab much about distance running and races, I do love to chat about fuel. Fuel, food, make it, eat it…it’s what I do best.
And there’s no better energy booster than these chewy Protein Granola Energy Bars. I always devour a bar before an intense workout session. The Littles and Hubby take bars for on-the-go snacking or light lunches. Even Miss Bulldog begs for bars (to no avail.)
These Protein Granola Energy Bars are loaded to the brim with the goodness of oats, protein, honey, and chia seeds. Plus chocolate chips for a touch of indulgence. They’re chewy soft, completely satisfying, and delicious.
I always pack a load of nutritious protein-packed bars for any trips and travels. It’s the first thing I toss into my carry-on or backpack anytime we’re headed out of town. Whether it’s these 5-Ingredient Energy Bites, Oatmeal Energy Cookies, or today’s Protein Granola Energy Bars, I’m stocked with on-the-go fuel. It’s the perfect travel food.
Speaking of traveling. Two things are of essence. Eating and sleeping. We’ve got the eating part down. But if your’e anything like me, you find it harder to fall asleep when you travel. Jetlag, a new space, a borrowed pillow…all of that makes it hard for me to get my coveted zzzz’s. While Hubby goes to dreamland within nanoseconds, I don’t easily enter the land of Nod.
Enter melatonin. I super-like melatonin as a way to help me get some good shuteye, but swallowing pills is a turnoff. So I did a little happy dance when vitafusion™ sent me these Extra Strength Melatonin gummies to try. Whoop whoop!
As we speak, I’m actually packing up for another trip and these yummy gummies are already sitting in my pack, ready to go.
With a fruity flavor and chewy texture, vitafusion™ gummies makes it a whole lot easier for me to take my supplements. I’d much rather chew gummies than swallow big capsules. And bringing gummies when I travel is a no-brainer; no water needed.
I especially appreciate that all the fruity gummies are made with natural fruit flavors and colors derived from fruits, vegetables and plants. And they’re gluten-free.
vitafusion™ Extra Strength Melatonin Gummies, check. Protein Granola Energy Bars, check. Running shoes, check. Cute shoes, double check.
Three Littles who don’t bicker while traveling…that one, I’m still praying for.
Hope you love today’s recipe. Don’t forget to enter the awesome giveaway below. Enjoy!Print
These Protein Granola Energy Bars are a powerhouse of nutrition and energy! They’re loaded with the goodness of oats, honey, chia seeds, protein, and chocolate chips. Perfect for taking with you, wherever you go.
- 2 cups old fashioned rolled oats
- 1/2 cup vanilla protein powder
- 2 TB chia seeds
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp table salt
- 1/3 cup sunflower (SunButter) butter (or a nut butter, if you prefer)
- 1/2 cup pure honey
- 1/2 cup milk (any kind)
- 1/2 cup mini chocolate chips
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350F with rack on lower middle position. Grease an 8×8 baking pan and set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine the oats, protein powder, chia seeds, cinnamon,and salt. Whisk to combine.
- In another bowl, combine the sunflower butter, honey, milk, chocolate chips, and vanilla extract. Mix until incorporated. Pour mixture into the large bowl of dry ingredients. Stir and fold until fully combined. Using a rubber spatula, scrape mixture into the greased baking pan. Firmly and evenly press down.
- Bake 18 minutes, or until edges turn golden grown. Center should still be soft. Let cool in pan completely before cutting into bars. If needed, cover and chill in fridge for easier cutting.
Recipe Source: Chew Out Loud, inspired by Running With Spoons
vitafusion™ and L’il Critters™ gummy vitamins are available at club, mass, drug and grocery stores nationwide including: Costco, Walmart, Target and Walgreens. More information can be found at www.gummyvites.com. These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. I received free product and payment for this sponsored post. All opinions are 100% mine. Click on vitafusion™ website for more information on Extra Strength Melatonin or other yummy gummy supplements.
What supplements do you take? Tell me in the comments and you will be entered to win a $100 VISA gift card!
No duplicate comments.
You may receive (2) total entries by selecting from the following entry methods:
1. Leave a comment in response to the sweepstakes prompt on this post
2. Tweet (public message) about this promotion; including exactly the following unique term in your tweet message: "#SweepstakesEntry" and leave the URL to that tweet in a comment on this post
3. Blog about this promotion, including a disclosure that you are receiving a sweepstakes entry in exchange for writing the blog post, and leave the URL to that post in a comment on this post
4. For those with no Twitter or blog, read the official rules to learn about an alternate form of entry.
This giveaway is open to US Residents age 18 or older (or nineteen (19) years of age or older in Alabama and Nebraska). Winners will be selected via random draw, and will be notified by e-mail. The notification email will come directly from BlogHer via the [email protected] email address. You will have 2 business days to respond; otherwise a new winner will be selected.
The Official Rules are available here.
This sweepstakes runs from 10/6/2015 – 12/31/2015
Be sure to visit the vitafusion brand page on BlogHer.com where you can read other bloggers posts!