In This Article
The minute our weather turns warm, people can be seen gathering ’round all the backyard bonfires. A few years ago, The Littles started asking for bonfires and s’mores parties of our own. It didn’t take much arm twisting for me to oblige.
Because we’re talking about chocolate. Chocolate + melty marshmallows + friends = triple threat. All we have to do is light the fire, break out the goodies, and the neighborhood peeps magically make their way over. Before we know it, it’s a party ’round the fire pit every single time.
But what if we crave s’mores at a potluck, picnic, or whenever lighting a fire isn’t exactly feasible? All those moments are meant for S’mores Dessert Bars. It’s all about enjoying s’mores in bar form. Dare we proclaim these s’mores bars to be even better than regular s’mores? Not only are they ready to go when and where you want, but they’re melt-in-your-mouth amazing.
Know that if you make these s’mores bars, they will absolutely disappear in a blink.
How to make s’mores bars:
Extra delicious s’mores dessert bars recipes always start with a fabulous base. The reason these s’mores bars are even better than regular s’mores is the dreamy melt-in-your-mouth crust. It’s a tantalizing mixture of honey graham crackers and real butter, which results in a shortbread-like flavor that will light up your taste buds.
Press the cracker mixture into the bottom crust, layer milk chocolate bars on top, and follow it up with ooey gooey marshmallow creme. Top off with with a light layer of topping. So easy.
Bake until golden brown and let cool. There. That’s the hardest part…letting it cool before you dig in.
Once the s’mores bar dessert is completely cool, cut into little squares. I suggest little squares because these are decadent and dreamy and perfect in bite-sized portions.
But feel free to ignore my suggestion and go big or go home. These are your s’mores.
Why s’mores bars are a must-do this summer:
- They’re even better that regular s’mores. Truly and honestly.
- They’re easy to make ahead, slice, and serve.
- Leftovers can be frozen (if you don’t mind chewy marshmallows, which we don’t mind at all)
- You can make a huge pan of these for a big party and everyone will love you
- You’ll be known as the s’mores queen/king
Have fun and enjoy!
You’ll Probably Love this recipe also:
Did you make this?
Please give us a rating and comment below. We love hearing from you!
S'mores Dessert Bars Recipe
- Preheat oven to 350F with rack on lower middle position. Grease a 9x9 baking pan and set aside.
- In a bowl, combine graham cracker crumbs, flour, baking powder, and salt; whisk well and set aside.
- In a separate bowl, beat together the softened butter with brown sugar until "fluffy," about 2-3 minutes on medium-high speed. Beat in egg and vanilla extract just until combined. On low speed, gently mix in the flour mixture with the butter mixture just until incorporated; don't over mix. Place 1/2 cup of the mixture in the fridge to chill and reserve for topping.
- Use remaining mixture to press into bottom of greased baking pan, ensuring batter is evenly spread to corners. Place chocolate bars evenly over crust, breaking the last bar into pieces to fit the pan. Evenly spread marshmallow creme on top of chocolate.
- Crumble reserved 1/2 cup crust mixture evenly over the top. Bake uncovered, 25-30 minutes or just until top is golden brown. Let pan rest at room temp on wire rack until completely cool. Once dessert is cool, carefully slice into squares and serve. Leftovers can be stored in fridge or freezer in airtight container.