Last weekend, our family literally spent the entire two days on the field. I’m talking baseball. We’ve just finished up baseball season for the boys, and their exciting final tournament games went from super early Saturday morning until Sunday evening.
Needless to say, there wasn’t much time for cooking that weekend. Aside from a celebratory team lunch and a family dinner out, we pretty much munched on whatever was in my big sack of snacks.
Oh, and cookies. Always cookies…
These Triple Chocolate M&M Cookies are celebratory in nature. Just look at ’em. They scream celebrate!
These have become our favorite M&M cookies. They are intensely rich, dark, and chocolatey. Every bite is chock full of chocolate bliss.
These cookies are thick, chewy, and just the right amount of sweetness. They stay chewy for days, and are the perfect treat to pack for outings.
Now that baseball season is over, we’ve leapt straight into the frenzy of summer soccer.
Yeah, it means we’re still busy and constantly on the go, even in the summer.
But it also means more time spent outdoors, soaking up the sun and running in the wind.
And more cookies for our big snack sack.
No complaining here 🙂 Enjoy!
Did you make this?
Please give us a rating and comment below. We love hearing from you!
Triple Chocolate M&M Cookies
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- ½ cup dutch processed cocoa powder
- 2 tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp table salt
- 16 oz good quality semisweet chocolate chips
- 4 large eggs
- 2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 2 tsp instant coffee granules
- 10 TB salted butter, softened
- 1 ½ cups packed light brown sugar
- ⅓ cup granulated sugar
- 2 cups your favorite M&M's
- In a bowl, whisk the four, cocoa powder, baking powder, and salt. Set aside.
- In a microwave safe bowl, melt chocolate at 50% power for 2 minutes, stir, and continue heating until melted, stirring each minute. (Alternatively do this in a bowl set over saucepan of simmering water stirring until melted.)
- In a bowl, whisk together the eggs and vanilla. Sprinkle coffee powder to dissolve. Set Aside.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with paddle attachment, beat butter and both sugars at medium until combined, 1 minute. Mixture may be gritty. Decrease to low speed, add egg mixture, and mix to incorporate, 1 min.
- Add melted chocolate in a steady stream, mixing until combined, 1 minute, scraping down bowl and beater as needed.
- With mixer still on low, add dry ingredients gradually and gently mix just until combined, without over beating.
- With rubber spatula, fold in M&Ms. Cover bowl with plastic wrap and chill in fridge at least 1 hour or until scoop-able.
- Adjust oven to lower middle position, at 350F. Line baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Divide dough into balls about 1 1/2 inch in diameter. Set balls on lined baking sheets, about 2 inches apart. Slightly flatten dough balls.
- Bake just until edges are begun to set but centers are still very soft, 8-9 minutes. Cool on baking sheets 10 minutes. Carefully transfer to wire rack and cool to room temp.
- Store in airtight container at room temp.
Nutrition (per serving)
Source: Chew Out Loud
These Thick and Chewy Chocolate Chip cookies are the very best ones we’ve ever had the joy of baking and eating!
These are some seriously fabulous pudding cookies, studded generously with M&M’s. You can never eat just one, as they are so tasty and soft.
These Salted Caramel Kiss Soft Cookies are the bomb. Just look at them. No words needed.