This irresistible 7-Layer Mexican Dip is a touchdown at every gathering, big or small! It’s perfect for Game Day or any time you have hungry friends coming over. It’s everyone’s favorite thing to dip their chips into, and this particular recipe is super easy and a total winner.
Has anyone ever taken a hard fall, smack onto the tailbone and injured/fractured it? I did just that this weekend. I was standing on top of my kitchen counter and fell straight backwards, my backside landing smack dab on the hardwood floors. I never knew tailbone injury means such excruciating pain.
At least I can still type. While sitting on my donut-cushion. Guess those aren’t just for post-baby-birth.
I think it’s safe to say I’ll (probably) never stand on the countertop again. In my head, I somehow think I’m still that nimble little monkey-bar-climbing girl. Uh, reality check. Reality can be painful sometimes.
Thankfully, I have a few Game Day goodies I recently made and ate (with friends, of course!) prior to The Fall…
Let’s talk chips ‘n dip. Specifically, this unforgettable 7-Layer Mexican Dip that is out of this world.
This dip is a marvelous symphony of layers…refried beans, browned beef, guacamole, seasoned sour cream, veggies, and lots of cheese. It’s perfection in one big platter. People are more than happy to grab a huge spoon and shovel plenty of dip onto their plates.
Many 7-layer dips don’t necessarily include browned ground beef, but I love the flavor and gusto of ground beef with taco seasoning. It’s like eating tacos, but in dip form. Guess this could have also been called a Taco Dip.
Whatever you want to call it, it’s undeniably mouthwatering and delicious!
Game Day, SuperBowl, or any day get-togethers…make this and watch it disappear. Be sure to have plenty of good corn chips laying around!
This 7-Layer Mexican Dip is nothing but goodness! Layer after layer of deliciousness, piled high. It’s everyone’s favorite thing to dip their chips into, and so easy to make this winner of a dip!
- 2 lbs lean ground beef
- 2 packets (1 oz each) taco seasoning mix
- 1 (16 oz) can refried beans
- 1 (12 oz) container sour cream
- 4 medium to large avocados
- Juice of half a lime
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 small red onion, chopped
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 4 vine ripened tomatoes, seeded and diced
- 2 cups shredded cheddar or Mexican blend cheese
- 1 bunch fresh green onions, sliced
- 1 (2.25 oz) can sliced black olives, drained
- In a heavy skillet, combine ground beef with 1 packet of taco seasoning. Stir well and cook on medium until cooked through. Drain. Combine cooked beef with refried beans and set aside.
- In a bowl, whisk together the sour cream and 1 packet of taco seasoning mix. Set aside.
- In a bowl, place peeled and seeded avocados and mash well. Add lime juice, chopped cilantro, chopped red onion, kosher salt, garlic powder, and fresh black pepper. Set aside
- In a 9×13 or similar size serving dish, evenly spread the beef/bean mixture on bottom. Continue layering in the following order: sour cream mixture, guacamole, diced tomatoes, and shredded cheese. Top evenly with a layer of green onions and sliced olives. Wrap tightly, keep chilled, and serve with hearty corn chips.
Source: Chew Out Loud
Here’s a delightful twist on the ever-popular Buffalo Chicken Dip, with Sriracha! Sooo YUMMY!
Want crispy chicken wings for your Game Day party? These Honey Sriracha Chicken Wings offer serious competition against everything else on the food table:
Here’s a dip that’s as scrumptious as it is healthy. For all those who want bold flavor, yet not ruin their waist line? Try this fabulous Avocado Black Bean Dip: