This classic Mango Sour is super easy with only 4 ingredients! It’s 120% refreshing, delicious, and crowd pleasing. Perfect for any time of the year.
After an entire year of posting hardly any cocktails here, I’m making up for lost time with two in a row. #newyearseve
I love fresh mangoes, mango juice, dried mangoes, mango anything. Mango madness.
It’s especially awesome because mangoes are available year round at the super markets, including during the freeze months. No matter that they’re imported. Still fab.
Of course, you don’t even need fresh mangoes for this phenomenal 4-ingredient Mango Sour…
This Mango Sour actually uses mango nectar to fuel its flavor.
What happened was I tried to organize my pantry a little bit. Just a bit, because spring cleaning is still far far away. In doing so, I plucked out this one lonely can of pure mango nectar that was begging to be made into a cocktail.
I obliged. The results were completely delicious. In fact, be forewarned…a pitcher of this will go down easily, courtesy of the juicy and refreshing flavor.
It’s best to share. This is one of those cocktails I’ll easily shake up for friends with lickety-split swiftness, as it comes together quickly and it’s sure to please.
Whether you’re ringing in the new year with family, friends, or keeping it mellow… here’s to a safe and happy one.
This 4-Ingredient Mango Sour comes together super fast and is sure to please! It’s incredibly refreshing, full of juicy flavor, and can be made ahead to chill. No special equipment needed.
- 1 cup mango nectar
- 3/4 cup vodka
- 1/2 cup fresh lemon juice
- 3 TB superfine granulated sugar (if you can’t find that, powder sugar can be subbed)
- (Optional: lemon slices and diced mango for garnish)
- In a 1-quart glass measure, combine nectar, vodka, lemon juice, and sugar. Stir well to combine. Chill until ready to serve. When ready to serve, stir again and add ice cubes. Garnish with lemon slices and diced mangoes, if desired.
Source: Chew Out Loud, adapted from Gourmet
In case you missed these, here are a few favorite NYE menu goodies:
1. Cranberry Orange (Madras) Cocktail. So, so, delish and only 3 ingredients!! Can also be made ahead.
2. Cinnamon Sugar Candied Snack Mix. So there’s something tantalizing to munch on while they sip your marvelous cocktails. Make these addictive nuts and you’ll never go back to anything else.
3. PB Snickerdoodle Muddy Buddies. Because there’s always room in tummies for handfuls of Muddy Buddies. A year round fave.
4. Edamame Hummus. Want something healthy-ish on the NYE menu? Balance out all those mixers and calorie-laden finger foods? This is soooo tasty and smooth, it doesn’t even feel healthy. But it is.
We’d love to have you follow us on Pinterest, where we pin the best finds!
Hang with us on Instagram for behind-the-scenes shots of the food we make and lots of inspiration.