Healthy and boldly flavorful, this Mango Black Bean Salsa Dip is a sure hit every time you serve it. It’s festively colorful, wonderfully textured, and tastes irresistible. Plus, it can easily be made ahead of time.
This one goes out to all my salsa-dip-chip loving peeps. If a summer gathering is on your radar, get ready for plenty of sunny smiles with this Mango Black Bean Salsa Dip. (Sorry, I was really torn between Salsa and Dip, so it’s both)
This mango black bean salsa dip is like the little black dress of summer picnics. It’s the dish that’s always popular, goes with everything, and fail-proof. And it always, always gets plenty of compliments.
For instance, you could bring a lot of mango black bean salsa to a party and literally watch your happy friends scrape the entire bowl clean, with not a even a teensy morsel left (not a figurative nor an exaggerated example.)
With winning ingredients like ripe mangoes, sweet corn, crispy red peppers, and tasty black beans, you know it must be drool worthy….
How to make mango black bean salsa dip:
This Mango Black Bean Salsa Dip is totally, 100% easy to whip up. I literally toss up a bowl of it in a flash whenever I need a crowd pleaser that doesn’t require cooking of any kind. A 90-degree afternoon would be that kind of moment.
Get ripe, sweet mangoes that are soft to the touch but still firm enough to avoid turning to mush when you slice it. Use sweet canned or frozen corn; if frozen, just defrost and drain. Add a can of your favorite seasoned black beans. Always drain those beans and lightly rinse, but don’t rinse with so much gusto that all the seasoning goes down the drain.
Of course, nab the freshest peppers, cilantro, and limes. This salsa-dip is an easy chop, toss, and go deal.
If this sounds good to you, wait til you taste it.
Why we are infatuated with this mango black bean salsa dip:
- It’s a burst of stunning flavors all in one bite
- It’s amazing with chips or all by itself
- It’s perfect for topping over grilled seafood or green salad
- It’s way easy and requires no cooking at all
- It’s crazy healthy and waist friendly
Plus, you won’t come home with leftovers. Which could be good or bad. But you’ll soon become quite the pro and hide a little bowl of it in the fridge for lunch tomorrow 😉
You don’t want to miss out on this one, either:Print
Healthy and boldly flavorful, this Mango Black Bean Salsa Dip is a sure hit every time you serve it. It’s festively colorful, wonderfully textured, and tastes irresistible. It can easily be made ahead of time.
- 1 large (or 2 medium) just-ripe mangoes, peeled and cubed
- 1 can (15 oz) seasoned black beans, lightly rinsed and drained
- 1 cup sweet corn kernels
- 1 medium red bell pepper, seeded and chopped
- 1/2 cup freshly squeezed lime juice
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 3/4 tsp kosher salt
- 1/2 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- In a bowl, gently fold together all ingredients. If needed, adjust salt and pepper amounts to taste. If using, gently fold in 1 tsp honey at a time, to taste.
- Cover tightly and chill until ready to serve (flavor gets better with a few hours’ worth of time; can also be made the night before.)
- Serve with your favorite variety of chips.
This mango salsa is also delicious over grilled seafood or a green salad.
If your mangoes aren’t sweet enough, gently fold in 1 tsp honey at a time, to taste.
Kitchen Stuff We love:
Sensational Salsas to Try: