Acai Smoothie Bowls
Ah-SAH-eee….or ah-SIGH-see. We’ve been having days’ worth of debate over this clearly provocative little word, and I’ve finally put an end to the pronunciation conflict among my peeps. Mostly because it was driving me crazy.
Our touted superfood, the Acaí berry, is correctly pronounced ah-SAH-ee. Check my trusty sources. Sources which actually started a whole slew of divergent opinions of its own, so maybe we will just call it a day.
It’s funny how age-old berries, grains, and herbs around the world suddenly gain instant fame and hype after decades of oblivion. It’s even funnier how health claims are always up for fun discussion.
The jury may be out on whether smoothie world’s newest rock star wipes away crow’s feet, but this we know for sure: Acaí Berry Smoothie Bowls are awesomely delicious.
This Acaí Berry Smoothie Bowl Recipe is way healthier than other sweet treats. It works as breakfast, post-workout fuel, or dessert. We’ve been happily guzzling smoothies every single day because of it…
How to make Acaí Berry Smoothie Bowls
A fully loaded, finished Acaí Berry Smoothie Bowl looks like its been showered with the entire produce aisle, but what you see is mostly optional toppings that you get to enjoy choosing from.
The actual Acaí Berry Smoothie Bowl itself needs only 4 ingredients: pure, unsweetened frozen acai pouches found in many grocery stores, a frozen banana, yogurt, and your choice of milk. Simply blend these 4 ingredients together and your smoothie bowl is ready for garnish. So. Easy.
The garnishes are irresistibly fun. I love a sprinkling of fresh berries, sliced bananas, kiwi, granola, coconut, and honey almonds. This is your own yummy canvas, so play with it.
Why we love These
- They’re an amazing way to get your antioxidants
- They SO hit the spot on a warm day
- They’re crazy easy to make, with only 4 ingredients
- They’re beautiful and totally Instagram-able.
- It gives you a reason to keep saying ah-SAH-ee
Grab a spoon and enjoy 🙂
You may want this recipe, too
Did you make this?
Please give us a rating and comment below. We love hearing from you!
Acaí Berry Smoothie Bowl Recipe
- 7 oz Acai purée, unsweetened frozen pouches, very slightly thawed
- ¼ cup Greek yogurt, vanilla
- 1 small banana, very ripe, frozen, cut into fourths
- Splash of almond milk, or milk of your choice
- Optional: 1-2 tsp agave or honey if a bit more sweetness is preferred
- Topping Suggestions: any fresh sliced berries, kiwi, banana, granola, sliced honey roasted almonds, roasted coconut chips, chia seeds, etc.
- In a blender (a smallish one works fine) add the mostly-frozen acaí puree, yogurt, and frozen banana. Blend or pulse just until smooth. Add a bit of almond milk to loosen smoothie, as needed. If desired, add agave or honey.
- Use rubber spatula to fully transfer smoothie mixture into bowl. Garnish as desired. Enjoy immediately.