Carnitas refers to Mexican pulled pork, which is succulent and full of flavor. When combined with black beans, corn, tomatoes, and lime cilantro rice, it’s a bowl of incredible flavors. This Carnitas Burrito Bowl lets you have both healthy and yummy in one dish.
April showers bring May flowers. Please say it’s true.
Those tulips need to bloom next month, because the rain has only just begun and I’m trying not to let the forecast get me down.
It feels like awhile since we’ve seen the sun; I know this because I’ve been blasting my Spotify and busting out the smelly candles I bought from my neighbor’s home show. Smack in the middle of the day because where are you, Sun?
Gloomy days give me the ache to bake. Or at least throw sizzle to that drizzle…
If I can’t frolic in the sun, I’ll zest it up in the kitchen. Let’s do this.
Awhile back, I made this simply scrumpdelicious Carnitas adapted from my America’s Test Kitchen cookbook. ATK? You know it turned out awesome. Better than great.
The carnitas are amazingly savory, juicy, and flavorful, we all scarfed down huge portions of it.
Which means said Carnitas has graced our dinner plates many times since. This time I twisted things up and made this Carnitas Burrito Bowl, and we all agree it’s here to stay.
We start with the luscious pulled pork and combine it with the goodness of black beans, corn, homemade salsa, and avocados.
I made a Chipotle style lime-cilantro rice that is seriously better than what I remember getting at the restaurant. It’s fluffy, flavorful, and perfect in this Carnitas Burrito Bowl.
So take that, Gray Sky. We just brought Sunshine in. 🙂Print
Source: Chew Out Loud
Here are some of my favorite festive, zesty Tex Mex dishes:
1. One Pan Tex Mex Quinoa. I love the simplicity and ease of this dish; it’s brightly flavored, festive, and healthy to boot.
2. Chicken Burrito Bowl. This dish is one of my favorite ways to use up leftover rice. It’s easy and mouthwatering.
3. Easy Skillet Tamale Pie. Super easy, quick, and always a hit with family and friends.
4. Easy Enchilada Casserole. I’ve been making and loving this one for years. My peeps adore it.
5. Tex Mex Sloppy Joes. Sooo easy yet irresistible. Twist up sloppy joe night and watch the joes vanish.