Here’s one of my favorite side dishes to take to summer potlucks and barbecues. These brown sugar baked beans with bacon are beyond easy. The kind of easy that seriously simplifies your day. They are so yummy that I always make extra. Because it’d be a bummer to run out of these sweet beans.
Everyone loves these savory yet sweet baked beans. They will think you slaved in the kitchen all day, soaking and cooking those beans. Little do they know that this bean dish took you about 3 minutes to assemble (yes, assemble) and just a bit of time in the oven. Let’s not tell ’em the secret.
This perfect BBQ side dish consists of canned beans, brown sugar, and just enough real bacon to give it that extra yum factor. This bean dish is a favorite side, as it’s sweet, salty, and a little bit smoky all at the same time. It’s the perfect accompaniment to burgers, more burgers, chicken, or whatever you’re grillin’ up. It’s awesome next to a super easy and delish potato salad.
Even my kids will eat up these baked beans, and kids aren’t known to be bean-a-holics. People who aren’t bean fans will come back for more. And it only takes a few minutes to get this dish on the table. I seriously don’t know if I’ll ever be able to post another recipe with such teensy directions. Happy cookout season.
BROWN SUGAR BAKED BEANS WITH BACON
- 2 cans (29 oz each) of good quality baked beans (Bush’s Country Style is great)
- 4 slices thick-cut bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 3 TB brown sugar
- 2 tsp mustard powder
- 3 TB ketchup
- 2 TB onion powder or dried minced onion
- 1/4 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- Set oven to 350F.
- Combine all ingredients, except for bacon, in a serving dish of your choice. Stir to fully incorporate ingredients. Sprinkle crumbled bacon evenly on top. Cover and place in oven for 15-20 minutes or until dish is hot. Serve warm.