Unbelievably, I’m writing part of this post from a local bar and grill, while sipping red wine. Never beer, only wine. But that’s another tale for another space.
The bit about blogging in an edgy bar isn’t what’s so unbelievable. No.
We are here watching a live podcast with a quirky 4-person panel. But it’s not even the funky live podcast that’s so bizarre.
It’s the fact that taking the stage is — wait for it — a theological debate. Yo, what?! Yeah. A full on, legit, deeply theological debate… in a crowded bar.
This debate is clearly so intriguing to the public that there’s literally standing room only. It’s no small room, either. This situation is both weird and wildly cool. #pastorgreg and #breakingtherules.
Intriguing, weird, and wildly cool are words that also describe these Self-Frosting Nutella Cupcakes. (How was that for a segue? I tried.)
These baby cakes [almost] do all the work by themselves..
When else can you make cupcakes that need no frosting? No need to fuss with buttercream or any cream. No messy, smeary spatula needed.
Simply mix up an easy batter, swirl in that addiction-inducing Nutella, and let the cupcakes do their magic. It’ll happen.
What emerges is unicorn-worthy.
You’ll get a yummy, tender batch of mouthwatering cupcakes. They’re as delicious as they are pretty.
Sprinkles are optional, but highly encouraged for a happy burst of color.
Perfect for parties, family, and friends. And unicorns.
Did you catch this earlier?
Self-Frosting Nutella Cupcakes
These Self-Frosting Nutella Cupcakes are magical; they essentially frost themselves up. No need to fuss over a separate frosting for these Nutella cupcakes. These baby cakes are tender, easy to make, and even taste like magic.
- Prep Time: 15 mins
- Cook Time: 15 mins
- Total Time: 30 mins
Yield: 12 1x
- 2/3 cup salted butter, softened but not melty
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 3 large eggs, room temp
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp table salt
- 1/2 cup original Nutella
- Optional: your choice of sprinkles for topping
- Preheat oven to 325F, with rack on lower middle position. Lightly grease muffin tin (or use liners.) In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with paddle attachment (or use electric mixer,) cream together the butter and sugar on medium-high speed until light and fluffy, 2-3 min. Scrape down sides of bowl as needed. Add eggs and vanilla, beating until smooth and combined.
- In another bowl, gently hand-whisk together the flour, baking powder, and salt. Use wooden spatula to gently stir in the flour mixture with the butter mixture, just until mixture is combined – don’t over mix.
- Fill each prepared muffin tin a little less than two-thirds full. (Be sure to leave some space at the tops of muffin tin, as the cupcakes will expand quite a bit.) Add 1 heaping teaspoon of Nutella on top of each cupcake and use a toothpick dip into the batter and swirl.
- Bake 15-20 min, or just until a toothpick inserted in center comes out with a few tender crumbs attached (not fully clean.) Immediately sprinkle with your choice of sprinkles, if desired. Let cool on wire rack and serve.
- Category: dessert
Did you make this?
Leave a comment below and tag @chewoutloud on Instagram
Kitchen Stuff We Totally Love:
Lovin’ those baby cakes…