Did I say I was sad about school starting back up?
I must have lied a little bit.
I mean, I was way sadder the weeks leading up to September 6th than I was after the first day of school actually happened.
I always spend the month of August wishing time would stand still. Longing for more carefree summer days. Willing the boys not to grow up at this lightning fast pace.
But then it happened, as it always does…
The Littles dashed off to start their new school year.
Then they promptly sprinted back home in the time it took me to rush through 3 errands, run, shower, put something in the oven, and write half a post. The shower part being of utmost importance.
‘Cause we all know once all those sneakers come pounding through the front door, all chances for a shower are zapped.
All that to say, I’m no longer very sad about the boys being back in school. 😅
Oh, and about that something in the oven? Hello, One-Pan Oven Baked Fajitas. Thanks for saving the day (again.)
This oven baked fajitas is absolutely zesty, bright, festive, and oh-so-welcome on a busy weeknight.
This healthy meal is loaded with tender juiciness, great flavor, and is mess-free. Bonus: It comes together in a jiffy.
Did you make this?
Please give us a rating and comment below. We love hearing from you!
One-Pan Oven Baked Fajitas
For the Fajitas:
For the Seasoning Mixture:
- In a small bowl, combine all Seasoning Mixture ingredients and whisk to incorporate well. Set aside.
- Preheat oven to 425F, with rack on upper middle position. Lightly grease a large rimmed baking sheet.
- Thoroughly towel-dry the chicken pieces and pound to an even thickness (1/2" thick.) Slice into strips 1/2" wide. Be sure chicken doesn't contain excess moisture. Toss chicken with seasoning mixture to coat well.
- Place bell peppers and onions onto greased baking sheet. Sprinkle top of veggies evenly with 1 tsp kosher salt and 1/4 tsp black pepper. Place chicken slices evenly on top; try not to overlap pieces. Evenly drizzle olive oil over the chicken to coat as evenly as possible.
- Bake uncovered for 10 minutes, remove from oven and give it a quick toss to evenly re-coat, and place back in oven for another 10 minutes or until chicken is just cooked.
- Drizzle desired amount of lime juice over the fajitas and serve immediately with garnishes of your choice.
Nutrition (per serving)
Source: Chew Out Loud
Easy Mexican Style Faves: