Dare I say out loud that there are only 6 days of school left on our calendar? Thankfully, our family hasn’t entered the age of grad parties yet, but I know plenty families who have.
[Are all-out grad parties as much of an official thing across the country, or is it just in the Midwest that a high school grad party can set the parents back a thousand bucks? I don’t remember any moms talking about hoopla like that back in Cali even just 7 years ago. Then again, my circle of friends back then had kids with pacifiers, not diplomas.]
With all the graduation celebrations, summer picnics, BBQ cookouts, and pool parties…there’s no better time for some DIY’ing…
One of the reasons I love Mexican restaurants is summed up in a word: salsa.
Bowls of freshly blended salsa…refillable to the max, paired with still-warm chips…can I just get a big container of that to go? Hubby and I shamelessly go through refill after refill.
But yesterday, I wanted to serve up restaurant style salsa. Blender time.
Simply pile all the goodness into your trusty blender. Seasonings and all. There really isn’t an easier way to get fresh salsa than this.
This Restaurant Style Salsa is oh-so-good. It’s delish right away, but it’s even better if you give it a few hours for the flavors to marry.
I like this salsa so much that I even served it for women’s group brunch at my house yesterday. I know chips ‘n salsa aren’t exactly brunch material, nor do they really match a bagel bar theme.
But I love sharing my favorite things, and pretty soon everyone was asking me how to make this salsa.
In fact, it dawned on me that my fabulous women’s group is a little like salsa. There’s a bit of spicy, a touch of zesty, and a spritz of tangy. Some flavors are bolder and some are milder. It’s been incredible fun having women who are vastly different come together and become one harmonious group.
See, the salsa did belong on that brunch table.
Here’s to year-end celebrations and perfect days for picnics.
Whatever your occasion this season, be salsa-ready.
Did you make this?
Please give us a rating and comment below. We love hearing from you!
Restaurant Style Salsa
- 2 cans fire-roasted tomatoes (juices reserved), 14 oz each
- Juice of 3-4 wedges of lime
- 2 large jalapenos, seeds carefully removed
- 3 cloves garlic, peeled
- 1 can diced green chilies, 4 oz
- 1 bunch fresh cilantro
- 1 medium red onion, chopped
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1-2 tsp kosher salt, or to taste
- ½ tsp freshly ground black pepper, or to taste
- Place all ingredients into blender. Blend just until everything is well combined. Add as much reserved tomato juice as needed to reach desired consistency. Store in airtight container, chilled, for up to a week.
Nutrition (per serving)
Source: Chew Out Loud
Here are some phenomenal party favorites:
- Mexican 7-Layer Dip. This one is always and forever the biggest pleaser at any gathering. They’ll scrape your platter clean.
2. Chunky Guacamole. It’s a salsa-guac fusion. Creamy, fresh, and absolutely irresistible.
- Chunky Salsa with Corn. One of my favorite chop and toss salsas. So addictive and goes with any Mexican themed meal.
- Fruit Salsa with Cinna Chips. Oh, this one is going to knock your socks off! It’s one of my earliest recipes, and though the photos need a facelift, the recipe is solid. People may think it’s a normal salsa, but wait until they taste this.