If you’ve never made or eaten Carmelita Bars then now is the time. These bars are hearty with oats, chewy with caramel, and toothsome with chocolate. Everyone agrees these Carmelita Bars are ridiculously yummy.
I got my behind kicked yesterday. By the alarm clock.
Like, it totally didn’t go off when it was supposed to. Yo, Alarm Clock, what is up, Dude?!
I had been fighting an extra big dose of exhaustion all week. So when said alarm didn’t carry its weight, I easily overslept. On some days, this might not be devastating. But this is Wednesday morning we’re talking about, which is my absolute favorite day of the week because…
…Wednesdays are “my day.” It’s the one day of the week when I slow down and relish time with a great group of women to do life together. We talk faith, life, family, and we get to dig soul-deep. How often do people get to do that together?
There’s amazing grace in that space our real selves meet. Like yesterday when they laughed at the sight of me sprinting from the parking lot, arms wildly flailing, hair in my mouth, makeup half done. An hour late.
At least I had cute shoes on.
Those girls probably won’t deny it anymore when I say I’m a mess. But they get it. I get it. There’s enough love and grace to meet us all, no matter how chaotic.
We all get our bums kicked sometimes, and I love having people in my life who I can be real with. Judgment out, Grace in. We were made to do life with others. The good, the bad, the messy… no masks needed.
With all that said, may I now present you with the best Carmelitas one can hope for. After all, this week has had its share of one-of-those-days.
Those kind of days and cookies go together like bees to honey.
But we’ll do better than just cookies. We’re breaking out the big guns with Carmelitas today.
There’s ooey gooey soft caramel. Chewy oats. Toasted pecans. Sprinkled with coconut, if you so fancy.
These Carmelita Bars are super-loaded with everything one could ask for in a cookie bar.
But they’re way more than just a square cookie for dessert. Anything with that many oats = breakfast in my world.
Here’s to all the desserts on earth that have enough oats to double as breakfast.
And to all the alarm clocks in the world that work.Print
Source: Chew Out Loud, adapted from Brown Eyed Baker
We love dessert bars! Here are some of the best ones we’ve had:
1. Chocolate Chip Cookie Cheesecake Bars. These luscious bars are worth every single calorie. They’re so good, they were the first runner up in a big bake-off contest at work!
2. S’mores Chocolate Cookie Bars. As if s’mores and cookies aren’t fabulous enough, we married the two and created these unbelievable bars.
3. Lemon Bars are always a hit at any gathering, and these are the bestest ones we’ve ever had the pleasure of devouring. The lemon custard, the shortbread crust, the everything…aaaahhhhmazing.
4. Peach ‘n Blueberry Crumb Bars. When fruit gets into dessert, it’s both healthy(ish) and scrumptious. These are addictive, so be forewarned.
5. No-Bake Peanut Butter Pretzel Bars are perfect when you don’t want to turn on the oven. These little guys are dangerous, in a very good way.