Happy almost weekend, Friends!
Who’s ready for Super Bowl LII this Sunday?! OMG, we are so sad about the Vikings, but are thrilled that our nice town of Minneapolis gets to host the huge event this year. Woo hoo!
So I had some daydreams about making a game-day recipe for this post, but the weekend is shouting out at me for brunch, so here I am with the easiest Overnight Breakfast Casserole recipe you’ll ever gladly make.
Now, let’s talk weekend brunch…
I mentioned this would likely be the easiest Easy Overnight Breakfast Casserole to grace its way into your kitchen. It’s also stunningly deeeelicious, with all the flavors you’d want in a hot, comforting dish.
This breakfast bake deserves some serious accolades because:
- It takes 15 minutes to quickly prep and assemble completely. I actually timed myself.
- You pop it into the fridge overnight and go to sleep (probably after surfing the net a little)
- You get extra zzzz’s in the morning. It’s kinda what I live for.
- Let your breakfast casserole bake while you’re getting ready in the morning. (In my case, Hubby’s contribution is putting said casserole in the oven while I get ready.)
- There are less than 10 ingredients in this whole situation. Enough said.
If you’ve got bread, sausage, milk, and cheese, you’re all set.
Don’t forget the coffee 🙂
You may really like this, too:
Easy Overnight Breakfast Casserole
This Easy Overnight Breakfast Casserole is extremely delicious, flavorful, and so simple. It takes 15 minutes of prep and assembly, with less than 10 ingredients. A favorite weekend brunch.
- Prep Time: 15 mins
- Cook Time: 65 mins
- Total Time: 1 hour 20 mins
Yield: 8-10 1x
- 1 lb ground breakfast sausage
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 6 large eggs
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 1/2 to 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 2 cups milk (I use whole)
- 4 cups cubed French or Italian loaf, packed
- 2 cups sharp cheddar cheese, plus 1/2 cup more for topping
- Optional: chopped parsley for garnish
- In a large heavy skillet, cook and break apart/crumble sausage with onions over medium high heat. Once evenly browned, drain and set aside.
- In a bowl, add eggs and beat lightly. Add salt, garlic powder, pepper, and milk. Whisk together to combine well. Add bread cubes and gently stir to coat well. Add cheese and gently fold to incorporate.
- Grease a 9×13 baking dish. Pour egg/sausage mixture evenly into dish, ensuring edges are evenly covered as well. Cover tightly with foil and chill overnight.
- Remove casserole from fridge and let sit at room temp while you preheat oven to 350F with rack on lower middle position. Keeping casserole covered with foil, bake about 50-60 minutes or until center is set. Uncover and sprinkle 1/2 cup more cheese evenly on top; bake 10-15 minutes more or until top is golden brown. Garnish with chopped parsley if desired.
- Category: breakfast, brunch
- Cuisine: American
Did you make this?
Leave a comment below and tag @chewoutloud on Instagram
Kitchen Stuff We Love:
Brunch is the BEST: