Despite the fact that fall leaves are long gone and bare branches lay in their stead, it’s technically still fall. That’s hard to remember in these zones. It’s been a rough year for apples, and apple pickings were sadly slim, but our favorite Honeycrisp variety remains plentiful at the stores. Our fridge is happily stocked with those crisp apples with honey-like sweetness.
After the Thanksgiving holiday, where some of us (me) indulged in more rich desserts than we (I) care to reveal, it’s time to gift you with a healthier treat.
This fabulous honey yogurt fruit dip is bursting with fall flavors. It’s a no-guilt cure for the sweet toothed – real honey, vanilla greek yogurt, and cinnamon makes up this lively fruit dip.
We love adding generous sprinkles of crunchy granola to give it that extra crisp texture. Dip your favorite varieties of apples or other fruits into this dreamy dip, and you’re set. My little ones lapped it up, begging for more apples so they could scrape up every last bit of their dip. They enjoy plain old apple slices, but the honey yogurt dip brings any slice of fruit to a dessert-worthy level.
Greek yogurt tends to be higher in protein, and is thicker than many other yogurts. If you use a thinner variety of yogurt, it won’t set up as thickly, but it will probably still taste fab. I use honey or vanilla yogurt so the honey and cinnamon can take center stage, but feel free to experiment with flavors. This will make about 1 1/2 cups worth of yogurt goodness. It keeps very nicely in an airtight container in your fridge.
Grab some fruit, granola, and get your yogurt on! Enjoy 🙂
Did you make this?
Please give us a rating and comment below. We love hearing from you!
Yogurt Fruit Dip
- Gently mix together all ingredients. Stir to combine well. Cover and chill until ready to serve.
- Serve with slices of fruit, berries, or granola.
- Always make sure to stir the honey, cinnamon, and vanilla extract into the yogurt until well combined. This will make sure that every bite of your fruit dip is perfectly sweet and flavorful.
- When choosing your yogurt, take into consideration the sweetness of the brand. This will help you determine the right amount of honey to add in order to achieve your desired level of sweetness.
- Customize your fruit dip by adding your favorite fruits. We love serving this dip with apple slices, but it’s also delicious with a mixture of berries or even some sliced melon.
- Serve your yogurt fruit dip with a variety of apple slices, a mixture of berries, or even some tasty granola. This will add a nice crunch and make your fruit platter more visually appealing.
- Remember that this dip is best served chilled, so be sure to keep it in the refrigerator until you’re ready to enjoy it.
- This yogurt fruit dip is a healthy option for a snack or even a light dessert. It’s packed with protein and can be paired with a variety of fruits for a balanced treat.