In This Article
- Video: Watch Us Make This Recipe
- One-Pot gnocchi with spinach and chicken
- One Pot Gnocchi is the ultimate comfort dish
- This Gnocchi dish is creamy, flavorful, and simple
- spinach, chicken, mushrooms…
- this gnocchi recipe is easy yet makes you proud
- Did you make this?
- One Pot Gnocchi with Spinach and Chicken Recipe
- Here are a few favorite one-pot meals:
Video: Watch Us Make This Recipe
One-Pot gnocchi with spinach and chicken
Winters often see us get slapped silly with cold fronts here in Minnesota. We’re not talking Oh, I could use a cute scarf cold. We’re talking well-below-zero even the dog won’t go out kind of cold. #evilwindchill
I realize some of you luckies can’t even fathom that kind of crazy. That was me years ago. My sunny Southern California, beachy-flip-flopped self had never seen a working snowplow in real life. I also never knew one’s eyelashes could freeze shut. It’s safe to say we’ve become much hardier (not necessarily by choice.)
Plenty of healthyish comforting stews, noodles, and chilis. It’s time for a delicious spin. Introducing One-Pot Gnocchi with Spinach and Chicken…
One Pot Gnocchi is the ultimate comfort dish
This easy, one-pot gnocchi deal is joyfully loaded with tender fluffy gnocchi, shredded chicken, and fresh spinach leaves. It’s a quick, all-in-one meal that makes dinner time exciting again.
Especially when you’re craving a semi-healthyish comfort dish. When the weather gives you lemons, make lemonade. Or something like that. When you live in a place like this, everything is weather related.
This ‘aint lemonade, but it sure is a bit of sunshine on a overcast day 🙂
This Gnocchi dish is creamy, flavorful, and simple
We were inspired by all the creamy cheesy pasta everywhere. Not that cheesy pasta needs any encouragement. We decided to twist things up and transform a plain store bought package of potato gnocchi into an easy, scrumptious meal that’s a trillion times better than ordering takeout. We’re loving all the one pot meals, especially when they include fluffy gnocchi.
We start off by making a creamy sauce in the skillet, comprised mainly of milk and chicken broth. A bit of butter and seasonings elevate it to Yumalicious World.
spinach, chicken, mushrooms…
To keep this gnocchi recipe weeknight friendly, we rely on shredded rotisserie chicken – my favorite deli item ever. Can we count the ways rotisserie chicken skillfully morphs into fresh new dishes?
Sprinkle in the mushrooms, gnocchi, and spinach, all of which makes this skillet dinner into a one-meal-deal. Protein, veggies, carbs, and tons of flavor.
Toss it all into a large, oven-proof skillet or cast iron and give it a whirl in the oven until the sauce is nice and bubbly and the top is tantalizingly golden.
this gnocchi recipe is easy yet makes you proud
Top it all off with freshly grated parmesan cheese, of course. Let it finish it off in the oven for a beautiful golden brown topping.
This One Pan Gnocchi with Spinach and Chicken is easy enough for a weeknight family dinner, yet tasty and impressive enough to serve your friends on the weekend. This gnocci will make you proud.
Did you make this?
Please give us a rating and comment below. We love hearing from you!
One Pot Gnocchi with Spinach and Chicken
- 2 TB salted butter
- 2 TB all purpose flour
- 1 ½ cups whole milk
- 1 cup regular chicken broth
- ½ tsp nutmeg
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 package, 8 oz thinly sliced baby bella mushrooms
- 1 lb shredded rotisserie chicken
- 1 17.5 oz package potato gnocchi (usually found in the dry pasta aisle; not frozen)
- 2 cups baby spinach leaves
- ½ cup freshly grated parmesan cheese
- kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Preheat oven to 425F with rack on upper middle position.
- In a deep/large and oven-proof skillet, melt the butter over medium heat. Add flour and whisk constantly for 3 minutes until a smooth roux is formed. Whisk in milk and chicken broth until incorporated. Simmer and whisk constantly until slightly thickened, 5 minutes. Whisk in nutmeg, onion powder, garlic, and kosher salt/ground pepper to taste.
- Add shredded chicken, mushrooms, uncooked gnocchi, and spinach to the mixture. Stir gently until well coated through, 30 seconds. Sprinkle parmesan evenly over the top and bake in oven about 15-20 minutes or until sauce is bubbly at around the edges and gnocchi is tender. If desired, broil 2-3 minutes to further brown the top.
Nutrition (per serving)
Here are a few favorite one-pot meals:
- One Pot Italian Wonder – Tomatoes, basil, pasta, all in one delicious pot. Such an easy way to start the busy work week.
- One Pot Asian Pasta – This is my take on my dad’s famous noodle offerings – made easy! And supremely tasty, of course.
- One Pot Skillet Lasagna – Fuss free, fail proof, delicious lasagna for hectic weeknights. If you like lasagna but arranging layers isn’t in the cards tonight, give this tasty version a try.