This Air Fryer Broccoli recipe cooks in just 6 minutes. Tender with roasted edges, it tastes just like oven roasted broccoli in a fraction of the time.
In This Article
Video: Watch Us Make This
Air Fryer Broccoli Recipe
If you love roasted vegetables, this air fryer broccoli recipe was destined to meet you. It tastes just like your classic roasted broccoli but with much less elbow grease. Once you try this air fryer broccoli recipe, you may never go back to oven roasted broccoli.
We’ve been making Sheet Pan Roasted Vegetables for years, and its savory-roasty flavors never disappoint. While the oven is unparalleled for a large batch diversity of vegetables, the air fryer works wonders for super quick broccoli florets that taste like they’ve been oven roasted.
Pro tips for the best air fryer broccoli
Here are a few tips to ensure that the best air fryer broccoli emerges from your air fryer in just 6 short minutes:
- Use broccoli florets that are cut/torn into roughly even-sized, small pieces. Think mini-florets. Your broccoli will come out with a soft, tender texture and nicely roasted edges.
- Toss the broccoli florets together with seasonings (olive oil, garlic and onion powders, kosher salt, and black pepper) in a bowl prior to transferring to air fryer basket. This allows all the nooks and crannies of the air fryer broccoli will be packed with flavor.
- We use powdered garlic and onion in lieu of freshly chopped, as the powdered seasonings are much less likely to burn. Powdered seasonings also get into the nooks and crannies of the roasted broccoli florets perfectly.
- Add just a bit (one tablespoon) of water to the bottom of the air fryer; this helps keep air fryer broccoli tender and prevents burning.
- Use at least a 6-quart air fryer or larger, for feeding a family.
More to Cook and Eat
- Air Fryer French Fries, Extra Crispy – you can enjoy crispy, delicious french fries that you feel great about.
- Air Fryer Chicken Wings – Extra Crispy – the family and all the friends love these crispy air fryer chicken wings! They’re so good, you can eat them with or without the sauce.
- Cinnamon Roasted Butternut Squash – always one of our reader favorites, for good reason. Butternut squash has never tasted so incredible.
- Garlic Herb Roasted Baby Potatoes – these potatoes are lightly crisp on the outside and tender on the inside, and totally packed with flavor.
- 5-Minute Garlic Rosemary Roasted Cashews – these are an amazing healthy snack; we have them on hand for parties and pantry alike.
try Roasted Vegetables, too
Did you make this?
Please give us a rating and comment below. We love hearing from you!
Air Fryer Broccoli
- Season: Combine all ingredients in a bowl; toss well to fully incorporate seasonings into the broccoli florets
- Prepare pan: Pour 1 TB water into the bottom of air fryer pan (this helps prevent contents from smoking.)
- Cook: Add broccoli mixture evenly into the air fryer basket. Set to 400F for 6 minutes. Once timer goes off, immediately remove basket and serve. (Optional: sprinkle with a dash of fresh lemon juice or freshly grated parmesan cheese.)
- This Instant Vortex Air Fryer is super popular and well-liked.
- Try these air fryer french fries for a crispy, healthier french fries on the side.
- Air fryer chicken wings are amazingly crisp, and takes less time than the oven.
Nutrition (per serving)
More Healthy sides
Sheet Pan Roasted Vegetables with Potatoes are robust with flavor and an easy way to enjoy vegetables.
Best Broccoli Apple Salad stays crispy even when made in advance.
Roasted Brussels Sprouts with Honey Sriracha is a flavorful, healthy side dish.