This Grilled Chicken with Garlic Lime Marinade is a deliciously tender, juicy dish that’s sure to become a family favorite. Every bite is bursting with big flavors.
Grilled Chicken with Lime and Garlic
We’ve been living in messy, chaotic disarray all summer long. I’m not talking about the laundry nor my hair, though both could easily qualify.
Our house has been turned upside down for the past couple of months. What originally started as a minor repaint project quickly morphed into a whole-house makeover that has taken on a life of its own. Our kitchen has been out of commission, we’ve lived out of a hotel at times, and I’ve fed my kids more McD’s than they’ve had in their lives.
Mostly, I try not to look around my house. For sanity’s sake, I put my blinders on and choose to embrace what everyone tells me: you’ll love it when it’s all done. Amen.
Another thing to embrace: the grill. The grill is your friend when your kitchen is closed.
Grilled Chicken with Garlic Lime Marinade is a deliciously tender, juicy dish that’s sure to become a family favorite. Every bite is bursting with big flavors everyone wants more of. Put that zesty life into your grilled chicken…
Key Ingredients for Garlic Lime Grilled Chicken:
- Boneless, skinless chicken thighs are recommended for tenderness. Thighs are much less likely to become dry or overcooked. That said, feel free to use chicken breasts if you truly prefer it.
- Pure honey and brown sugar are our picks for sweetening the deal. The flavors merge superbly and allow a nice browning to occur on the grill.
- Plenty of garlic and freshly squeezed lime juice are in order.
- Regular soy sauce is recommended for best flavor, though Tamari will work for a gluten-free and lower sodium option.
- Sriracha is our choice for that bit of kick; adjust amount based on desired heat level.
- A bit of fresh ginger provides aromatic flavor; ground ginger can work in a pinch if you can’t find fresh.
Helpful Tips for the best grilled chicken:
- For even cooking, slightly pound the chicken pieces into even thickness.
- For flavor infusion, we always pierce chicken pieces with a fork throughout, prior to marinading.
- Give your chicken the best flavor and tenderness profile by allowing at least 2-3 hours or marinade time, ensuring all pieces are fully immersed in the sauce.
- Always cook just until center is no longer pink, but chicken is not overcooked at all.
What to serve with Garlic Lime Grilled Chicken:
- Perfect Instant Pot Brown Rice – this is our go to for brown rice for all the meals.
- Coconut Rice – the mild coconut aroma works beautifully with garlic and lime chicken.
- Watermelon Salad Recipe – because watermelon salad goes with every grilled dish, all summer long.
- Avocado Black Bean Corn Salad with Lime Dressing – this one’s a classic favorite, and all our friends agree. It works with everything.