Best Blueberry Lemon Bundt Cake
This Blueberry Lemon Bundt Cake is perfect for summer, when blueberries abound! Tender, moist, and luscious with ripe berries. The burst of lemon zings through for a wonderful flavor. This cake is even better the next day.
In This Article
Blueberry Bundt Cake
The past several weeks has been blueberry haven around here. Blueberries and raspberries have been abundant at our local farms, and we’ve done [more than] our share of berry picking.
There are few things more pure and natural than sauntering through rows and rows of thriving berry bushes on a warm summer morning, harvesting to our hearts’ content. And eating as you pluck. It’s allowed.
Here’s just a snippet of what our glorious harvesting produced…
This is only a fraction of what we came home with. We had a box load of blueberries, with plentiful raspberries mixed in for good measure.
The Littles devoured most of the fresh berries within the first couple of days. I had to snatch up the berries you see here and save them for myself. After all, the boys have to eat something other than berries in 24 hours.
Plus, I could not wait to throw some of these beauties into our weekend breakfast. Yeah, a bundt cake equals breakfast for us. It’s healthier than doughnuts or Pop Tarts. Says my twisted reasoning.
After all, this Blueberry Lemon Bundt Cake is happily loaded with fresh blueberries, lemons, and simple ingredients.
This cake comes together easily and is wonderful for breakfast, afternoon snack, or dessert.
The blueberries lend superior moistness to the texture, while the lemon is zingy, tangy, and just lemony.
Make it Ahead of Time
The best thing about this blueberry lemon bundt cake? It’s even better the next day.
Perfect for non-morning persons like myself. My preference is always to bake it up the afternoon/evening before, and serve it up with coffee or milk the next morning.
The glaze is zesty and lemony, seeping into the cake to provide an even moister crumb. Make the glaze and give it a bit of time to soak in. Then dig in.
Enjoy the bountiful season of fresh berries before they’re gone and gone.
Here’s to berry picking until there’s not a berry left.
Eating blueberries until your tummy hurts.
And making a cake that’s worthy of both breakfast and dessert.
Best Blueberry Lemon Bundt Cake
- 2 ¾ cups all purpose flour
- 1 ½ tsp baking powder
- ¼ tsp baking soda
- ¼ tsp table salt
- 1 cup butter, softened just to room temp
- 1 ¾ cups granulated sugar
- 4 large eggs, room temp
- 4 TB freshly squeezed lemon juice
- zest from 2 lemons
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 2 ½ cups fresh blueberries, towel-dried, gently tossed with 1 TB flour
For the Glaze:
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 2 TB freshly squeezed lemon juice
- zest of 1 lemon
- Preheat oven to 350F, with rack on lower middle position. Grease and flour a 10-inch bundt pan. Set aside.
- In a bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, and table salt until well combined.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with paddle attachment, beat the butter and sugar 3-4 minutes or until light and fluffy. Beat in eggs one at a time, beating well after each one. Add lemon juice, zest, and vanilla extract, beating just until combined. Add buttermilk and beat until just combined.
- Using a rubber spatula, gently fold in the flour mixture into the butter mixture just until incorporated – do not overmix. Gently fold in blueberries. Pour into prepared pan.
- Bake 45-50 minutes or just until a toothpick inserted in center of cake comes out almost clean. A few tender crumbs attached is perfect.
- Cool on wire rack for 20 minutes. Run a thin and sharp knife around all edges to loosen cake. Turn out and cool completely.
- To make the glaze, mix together all glaze ingredients until smooth. Drizzle over cake and allow it to seep into cake.
- Store leftovers airtight at moderate room temperature for up to 3 days.
- Cake can be frozen in an airtight container for up to a month.
- If you enjoyed this recipe, please come back and give it a rating ❤️
Did you make this?
Leave a comment below and tag @chewoutloud on Instagram
Source: Chew Out Loud, adapted from Food.com
Here’s our popular Bakery Style Big Blueberry Muffins, the best homemade muffins around:
These Blueberry Peach Crumb Bars are the perfect summer dessert for get togethers. They’re simply scrumptious.
This no-bake Lemon Icebox Cake is seriously amazing… unbelievably light, refreshing, and the ideal summer dessert. Everyone devours this one, every time.