This Crustless Spinach, Ham, and Cheese Quiche is absolutely divine for breakfast, brunch, or breakfast-for-dinner. Bonus: It’s gluten-free and a fail-proof hit.
Happy spring, Friends! 💐
It was starting to feel like forever before we’d be able to chuck our boots, but we’re making nice progress here in the Upper Midwest.
Around here, when rain consistently replaces snow, it’s a welcome sign from the sky of good things to come.
For reasons I’ve yet to google, spring also means quiche on the table. While quiche with a flaky crust is the bee’s knees, sometimes we just need a mouthwatering crustless version.
This Spinach, Ham, and Cheese Quiche minus crust means it’s easier, faster, and leaner. You’ll be stoked to find you won’t miss the crust at all with this silky recipe…
This luscious Spinach, Ham, and Cheese quiche is adored by my peeps.
The Littles inhale all the spinach without raising a brow. It looks like a lot of greens, but it somehow all magically melds into the silky soft filling. Meaning zero texture issues for pickier eaters 😊
If you’re a must-crust quicher, feel free to include your fave crust with this fabulous filling.
Here’s to spring, greens, and ridiculously yummy quiche.
This Spinach, Ham, and Cheese Quiche is absolutely divine for breakfast, brunch, or breakfast-for-dinner. Bonus: It’s gluten-free and a fail-proof hit.
- 4 large eggs
- 2 cups half and half cream
- 2 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp table salt
- 1/4 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 10 oz frozen chopped spinach, defrosted, squeeze-dried of all liquid
- 1 1/2 cups sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 cup fully cooked ham, diced
- Preheat oven to 400F, with rack on lower middle position. Lightly grease a 9″ deep pie dish. Set aside.
- In a bowl, whisk together the eggs, half and half, onion powder, garlic powder, salt, and pepper until well combined. Add spinach (be sure you’ve squeezed out all excess liquid,) cheese, and ham. Stir to combine. Pour mixture into greased pie dish and bake 30-40 minutes or just until knife inserted in center comes out clean. Let quiche rest at room temp for 5 minutes before cutting.
Recipe is for one 9″ deep dish pie pan.
Recipe is GF without crust, but if you prefer crust, feel free to use any store-bought or homemade crust.
It’s important to squeeze-dry all excess moisture from defrosted spinach, to prevent extra liquid from altering the filling.
Source: Chew Out Loud