This 30-Minute Healthy Taco Casserole is the ideal weeknight dinner solution. It takes hardly any time to throw together. It’s on the lighter side yet tastes 120% incredible.
Today I had to take our Izzy Bean to the vet for some health issues she’s been having. Of course, WE think our rescued bully should get the Bestest Doggie in the Whole Wide World award. We just love her to pieces.
Apparently, Miss Izzy owns that title; that girl can work a room. Within minutes, she had the entire vet staff in her paws like putty.
Everyone aww’d and coo’d over her sweet lil’ wiggle butt. They gathered around her and gave her enough love for a week. She soaked up every ounce of it. You’d think she’s never seen humans before…
Izzy Girl really is the sweetest pup I’ve ever known. I’ve adopted many, many dogs in my lifetime. I know firsthand how rare it is to land on one that’s got almost no issues.
We lucked out big time with our girl and count our blessings daily. Izzy is my son’s best friend.
She’s also totally easy to manage, a people-pleaser, and as pretty as a bulldog can be.
Just like this taco casserole.
Okay, yeah, it’s a bit weird to compare tacos with pets.
But this taco bake has it all. It’s totally easy to manage, it’s a people-pleaser, and even looks great.
This 30-Minute Healthy Taco Casserole is so named because it’s fast and made healthy with brown rice and fat free beans. Plus low-fat cheese and super lean ground beef. Don’t let that fool you; it taste absolutely indulgent.
You can get this casserole even skinnier by using less cheese and omitting the corn chips.
This is one of those fast weeknight meals that comes together unbelievably quickly and tastes like you spent way more time on it. In fact, this dish took me just 20 minutes from start to finish.
This Healthy Taco Casserole is waist friendly without sacrificing one iota of taste.
Source: Chew Out Loud
Here are some other healthier Tex-Mex recipes that are deliciously waist-friendly!
1. Mexican Chicken Veggie Stew. Hearty, healthy, and hits the spot. Plus super easy and quick.
2. Mexican Rice with Chicken and Shrimp. Take One-Pot dishes to a new level with this flavorful tex-mex dish.
3. Best Easy Mexican Rice. THE Best Mexican rice ever. Fluffy, tasty, and the perfect side to any tex-mex themed meal.
4. Mexican Taco Salad. This crispy and hearty salad is perfect for feeding a crowd. It’s easy to make a huge bowl of it and watch it disappear! The dressing is awesome.
5. Carnitas; Mexican Pulled Pork. This is the most fork-tender carnitas you’ll ever sink your teeth into. Bursting with big flavors and incredibly tender, it’s perfect for tacos, burritos, or rice bowls.