August is quite a funky month.
It’s still summer and sunshine, but some kids are already back to school.
Fall sports are officially underway, yet families are still on beach vacations.
It’s a hodgepodge fusion of lunch boxes and backpacks mixed with ice cream trucks and sandy flip flops.
So while we’ve got back-to-school kickoffs and parent/teacher meetings next week, we’re simultaneously prepping for summer gatherings from now through to Labor Day weekend.
This is the month I lean into simple with end-of-summer parties. I’ve been going with burgers ‘n brats on the grill for all the gatherings. Nothing fancy schmancy. Plenty of roasted garlic hummus and chunky guacamole with chips. Maybe an easy one-bowl chocolate cake, if I’m feeling like a go-getter that day.
And if someone mentions BYOB, I’m all about mixing up some Big Batch Pineapple Margaritas.
A jug of Big Batch Pineapple Margaritas can easily be made ahead of time and chilled until ready to serve…
I just adore big batch, make-ahead margaritas. Pretty much everyone appreciates a tropical, refreshing margarita.
It’s an easy crowd pleaser that takes almost no effort to make. Just combine, stir, and chill.
No need to play mixologist on the spot. I’d much rather be mingling with friends than messing up on their drinks while they wait around.
[I’m that person who can’t chat and measure at the same time. I also can’t talk and drive at the same time.]
Here’s to all the remaining summer celebrations.
And not running out of margaritas.
Did you make this?
Please give us a rating and comment below. We love hearing from you!
Big Batch Pineapple Margaritas Recipe
- 1 ½ quart 6 cups pure pineapple juice
- 3 cups pure orange juice
- 1 ½ cups freshly squeezed lime juice, approx 10 large limes
- 2 ½ cups tequila
- 2 ½ cups triple sec, or more tequila
- Optional: kosher salt for glass rims and fresh pineapple/lime slices for garnish
- In a large pitcher or jug, combine all ingredients except for optional items. Stir to combine well.
- If desired, rum rims of glasses with lime juice and dip into a small plate of kosher salt. Fill glasses with ice and serve margaritas with garnishes, if desired.
Nutrition (per serving)
Super Easy Cocktails: