This Honey Lime Glazed Salmon is zesty, sweet, savory, and full of flavor in every bite. Such an easy, delicious way to have your healthy salmon and eat it too.
Look out. We’re dishing up the second salmon recipe of the summer. Despite the fact that we eat plenty of salmon around here, I have rarely stopped to nab a photo shoot before chowing down on it. It’s the same thing with rice in our fam. We eat it all the time and never think to talk about it.
In case you missed the first installment, here’s our favorite Teriyaki Grilled Salmon. It’s one of those healthy, fast, and mouthwatering dishes I regularly fall back on when I’m too tired to cook. I know the family will literally eat it up, as always. We’re pretty certain it’ll become an instant hit for your family, too.
Now. Onto this stunning Honey Lime Glazed Salmon…
This Honey Lime Glazed Salmon comes together in about 30 minutes; it’s fast, simple, and flavorful. Center-cut salmon fillets of similar thickness are best, allowing for more even cooking throughout.
The lime zest and juice provides a welcome and refreshing tang that balances out the sweetness of honey. A bit of Sriracha amps up the flavor profile with a bit of kick. Feel free to kick it up even more, if you enjoy the heat. Tone it down if you prefer a milder route.
Be sure to thoroughly towel-dry the salmon fillets before laying them on the grill. Otherwise, excess moisture will lead to steaming rather than grilling. Generously brush on the gorgeous glaze and let the magic happen.
We love a good sprinkle of cilantro on our Honey Lime Glazed Salmon. If cilantro doesn’t float your boat, feel free to use thinly sliced green onions. Or parsley even. Or nada.
Here’s to loving every bite of your Omega-3’s.
This Honey Lime Glazed Salmon is tender, flaky, and full of flavor. The tanginess of fresh limes balances out the sweetness of honey. And it all comes together in 30 minutes or less!
- For the Glaze:
- 5 TB pure honey
- zest of 1 lime
- 2 TB fresh lime juice
- 1 tsp cornstarch
- 1 tsp Sriracha (or more if you like)
- For the Salmon:
- 4 center cut salmon fillets (6–8 oz each), towel-dried
- kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Optional: chopped cilantro or sliced green onions for garnish
- In a small heavy saucepan, whisk together all glaze ingredients until cornstarch is fully dissolved. Turn heat on to medium high. Continue whisking and simmering until sauce is thickened, about 1 minute. Remove from heat and cover; keep warm.
- Sprinkle a light layer of kosher salt and black pepper on both sides of salmon fillets. Grease and heat grill. Grill salmon about 2-3 min per side over medium-high heat, or just until cooked through; don’t over cook. The key to tender salmon is removing it from heat as soon as it’s barely cooked through. Actual cook time depends on the temperature of your fish to begin with and thickness.
- Serve salmon immediately with warm honey-lime glaze. Garnish with chopped cilantro or green onions, if desired.
Source: Chew Out Loud
Here are a few of our favorite seafood recipes:
1. Teriyaki Salmon. This is hands-down our favorite easy peasy salmon recipe ever.
2. Curried Salmon Salad. Great by itself or in sandwiches. Croissants, ciabatta, and subs go perfectly with this salmon salad.
3. Mahi Mahi with Mango Avocado Salsa. Fresh, scrumptious, and healthy to boot. Someone, make me this for dinner every night, pleeeeaaase???
4. White Fish with Lemon Butter Sauce. Tender, flaky white fish with a refreshing lemon-butter sauce…so, so good.