This Grilled Teriyaki Salmon is out-of-this-world delicious. It’s tender and packed with juicy flavor. This is the BEST teriyaki sauce for chicken, shrimp, beef, or salmon.
Teriyaki Salmon is a Crowd Pleaser
After years of hosting a dinner parties and cookouts, friends and family have come to expect teriyaki grilled salmon on our menu. Contrary to popular notion, salmon is actually one of the most effortless, no-sweat choices for everything from everyday family dinners to impressing dinner guests.
Grilled salmon is not only super easy, it’s also healthy and flavorful. Everyone, from Littles and Bigs alike, will polish off this salmon like nobody’s business.
Even if you’re not a fish cooker-maker, you can totally do this.
- Fresh salmon fillets are best, but individually sealed flash-frozen fillets are also very good. As with all protein, the better quality your salmon, the better your results will be.
- Always gently rinse fillets with cool water and dab off all excess moisture before seasoning and cooking.
- Always be sure your cooking surface, whether outdoor or indoor stovetop grill, is smoking hot (literally) before laying down the fish.
- Be sure not to overcook the salmon. You don’t want a chalky finish. Cook just until center is almost cooked through. The edges should be browned and flaky, with a tender just-done center.
- Let cooked fish rest at room temperature for a few minutes before serving, as this helps fish retain juiciness and tenderness.
About that sauce
Introducing our all-time favorite teriyaki sauce. No other sauce is as fail-proof and consistent. After years of making variations of teriyaki sauce, nothing else comes close to this straightforward, snap of a recipe. (Side note: it’s also fabulous over grilled chicken, shrimp, and even grilled vegetables.)
Feel free to make extra sauce to keep in the fridge, as it keeps well for at least a week. This sauce is wicked good over chicken, shrimp, and beef too. Even burgers. Pretty much anything you throw onto the grill will turn out fabulous when drizzled with this sauce.
What to serve with teriyaki salmon
- Rice: fluffy jasmine rice or this Perfect Instant Pot Brown Rice for a healthy, hearty choice.
- Noodles: Hawaiian Macaroni Salad is a tasty, simple side that pairs well here. If you love stir-fry noodles, try this Lo Mein Noodles recipe.
- Veggies: this Chinese Chicken Salad can be made with or without the chicken; the dressing is unbelievable.
- Drinks: for a cookout, nothing beats a pitcher of ice cold Hawaiian Mai Tai (make-ahead!) For a smaller group, shake up a couple of these Mango Cocktails | 5-Ingredient Recipe
More to grill and eat
- Grilled Salmon with Honey Lime Glaze
- Spicy Thai Grilled Shrimp
- Honey Mustard Grilled Pork Chops
- Grilled Steak Tacos, Hawaiian Style
- General Tso’s BBQ Grilled Chicken