Has anyone else been hoarding all the berries this summer? Say I’m not the only one who can’t stop it with the watermelons and berries all summer long.
Aside from flip flops and happy hour al fresco, one of my favorite things about summer are the fresh berries right in our own backyard.
Ok, the farmer’s market isn’t literally in our backyard, but it’s only like 9 minutes away. And we do have a legit raspberry bush in our actual yard that gives us a humble helping of berries each summer.
Sometimes I have this issue with piling way too many fresh strawberries into our fridge. And then I end up having to freeze them because not even 3 hungry boys can go through all of them before they get overly ripe. So the freezer is our trustworthy, reliable friend. Except our fridge broke down last week when it was super hot and we’ve been in a wild frenzy trying to replace it, but that’s not what today’s Meeting is about (you’re welcome.)
This Very Important Meeting is about the best 4-ingredient Strawberry Daiquiri recipe that uses those frozen berries. Before we start, let it be noted that this recipe can definitely be made without alcohol for a kid-friendly treat. And if you’d prefer to hop over to our Strawberry Julius Recipe (4 ingredients), it’s a hugely popular one as well.
Back to our Strawberry Daiquiri Meeting…
How to make the best strawberry daiquiri with 4 ingredients
You’ll only need 4 simple things for this daiquiri recipe: frozen strawberries, freshly squeezed lime juice, light rum, and agave nectar. Sugar can be used in lieu of agave, but because this freezie drink is wonderfully cold, a liquid sweetener mixes in better. Simple syrup works beautifully as well.
Combine your 4 ingredients in a strong blender and blend until smooth. Have your glasses ready so you can sip the deliciousness while it’s refreshingly cold. This isn’t one of those cocktails to make ahead of time. It’s ridiculously easy to whip up on the spot, whether it’s just one serving or a bigger batch.
Feel free to garnish with fresh strawberry and lime slices, plus a sprig of mint if you’re feeling ambitious.
Oh, and use whatever style of glasses you prefer. My margarita glasses are purely for looks 😉
Why we love this easy strawberry daiquiri recipe
- It’s a great way to use all those frozen strawberries
- It’s way too easy not to make at least once each summer
- It’s a sure hit with friends and family – you’ll be a rock star
- It’s easily made non-alcoholic by omitting rum
- It tastes like yummy summer, no matter what time of year it really isMeeting is officially adjourned. Enjoy 🙂
You may want this recipe as well:
4-Ingredient Strawberry Daiquiri Recipe
- 1 heaping cup frozen strawberries
- 3 oz light rum
- 2 oz freshly squeezed lime juice
- 2 TB agave nectar, or simple syrup
- Optional Garnishes: fresh slices of lime, strawberries, and sprigs of mint
- Add all ingredients to a heavy duty blender. Blend just until smooth. Use rubber spatula to fully transfer into 1-2 glasses of your choice. Garnish as desired and serve while very cold.
Did you make this?
Leave a comment below and tag @chewoutloud on Instagram
Kitchen Stuff We Love:
Cheers and cheers: