This Honey Avocado Mango Salad is just what we need during a mid-summer heat wave. I love summer and all the fresh produce that comes with it. Lately, we’ve been craving ice cold drinks and plenty of fruits and salads. This Honey Avocado Mango creation is perfectly tropical, refreshing, and the sweet-tangy flavors meld beautifully.
Avocados are enjoying a seemingly endless season of fame, as they star in anything from Avocado Pasta to Avocado Smoothies. Just a couple days ago, we shared this Black Bean Avocado Salad Dip. How versatile and fabulous is this green fruit??
Pair your creamy avocados with a tropical mix of mangos, pineapples, and oranges. Generously adorn them with savory Gorgonzola (or any other blue variety). Toss it all together with a tangy honey dressing. You can’t go wrong with a combination like that.
The dressing is light and summery, refreshingly cool, and the perfect match for avocados and mangos. For texture and protein, we love a splatter of walnuts or pecans. Sugared ones, if you like 🙂 To make it a satisfying meal with extra greens, just lay all that pretty fruit over a nice bed of baby arugula, spinach, or your favorite leafy veggie. Be sure to double the dressing if you’re adding greens.
Go on, give it a whirl. This avocado mango salad is good for you, splurge-worthy, and the perfect answer to “what’re we eating?” on a hot summer day.
Honey Avocado Mango Salad
This salad is sweet, tangy, light, and refreshing…the perfect plate for summer!
Yield: 4 1x
- 2 just ripe avocados
- 2 mangos, peeled and cubed
- 2 cups cubed pineapple
- 2 navel oranges, peeled and cut into bite size pieces
- 1/4 cup sweet onion, chopped
- 4 oz Gorgonzola or other Blue variety
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts or pecans, toasted
- lemon juice for sprinkling
- For the Dressing (makes 1 cup):
- 4 TB extra virgin olive oil
- 3 TB honey
- 2 TB apple cider vinegar
- 1 TB lemon juice
- 2–3 TB fresh orange juice, from 2 wedges of orange
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- To make the dressing, combine all ingredients for dressing in a bowl and whisk well (or combine in a dressing container and shake well.) Set aside in fridge; can be made ahead of time.
- In a large bowl, combine mangoes, pineapple, oranges, and onion. Gently toss together. Peel and cube avocados, and sprinkle with a bit of lemon juice to prevent browning. Gently toss avocados together with rest of fruits in bowl. Add the dressing, and carefully toss to combine well.
- Distribute evenly into 4 salad plates. Sprinkle Gorgonzola and toasted nuts over each plate. Serve immediately.
- Note: If desired, serve on bed of greens. Extra dressing may be needed if doing so.
- Category: Salad
Source: Chew Out Loud
If you want something for the grill, here’s an egg burger for you. It’s got avocados. Sound familiar?