These Spicy Thai Grilled Shrimp Skewers are succulent, tender, and quickly grilled to perfection. This healthy dish comes together within 10 minutes.
Succulent Thai Grilled Shrimp
Summer is hands-down my favorite season. Here in the Twin Cities, it’s also the season that’s notoriously way too short. The breezy lake days of summer go by in a blink. I know, I know. I’ll try not to say it out loud.
The best method I know to make summer last as long as possible is just to get out there and enjoy every bit of warmth there is. Thus, the shorts and flip-flops tan lines are quickly gained and who cares. I’ll take it if it means glorious sunshine.
Thai Grilled shrimp: 60 Seconds on the Grill
This Spicy Thai Grilled Shrimp is simply irresistible. The shrimp is absolutely succulent, tender, and grilled to perfection in just 60 seconds. Thai style shrimp kebabs boast a nice kick (take down the cayenne if you wish, but it’s sooo good the way it’s written.) They’re sweet, tangy, and 100% yum.
The super fast cook time is one of the great virtues of shrimp – it cooks in a blink, which makes it equally great for busy weeknights and weekend gatherings.
At your next backyard cookout, consider placing some of these Thai grilled shrimp skewers on the grill for appetizers, along with this easy mango cooler cocktail. Or serve these shrimp skewers alongside these sweet ‘n spicy glazed chicken skewers for a kebab party.
Easy Party Menu
Because shrimp skewers cook in a flash, it’s an amazing option to include in your easy party menu. To make it even easier on yourself, you can prepare the shrimp and the sauce ahead of time; chill both until ready to fire up the grill.
The cooking part is super fast; it will only take 60 seconds or less (depending on how hot your grill is and size of your shrimp.) This makes these shrimp skewers ideal for party appetizers, so your family and friends can nibble on their succulent shrimp kebabs while waiting for the chicken or steak to finish cooking.
Appetizers: Thai Grilled Shrimp, Mango Cooler Cocktails (both can be prepared ahead.)
Main: Garlic Marinated Steaks (we love ribeye or New York steak cuts; can be prepared ahead prior to grilling)
Side: Asian Style Pasta Salad (can be prepared ahead)
Dessert: Have someone else bring the dessert, or make these Chewy Cookie Bars ahead of time and keep them airtight at mild room temperate or in fridge.
Try This Easy Bacon Ranch Potato Salad, Too:
This Spicy Thai Grilled Shrimp is succulent, tender, and mouthwatering. The sauce is amazing. Be sure shrimp is cold when you put it on the grill, to avoid over cooking. It cooks super fast!
- 1 1/2 lbs jumbo shrimp, peeled and deveined, kept cold
- 4 TB salted butter, melted
- 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
- kosher salt
- 1/2 cup Thai sweet chili sauce (sometimes labeled “for chicken” found in major grocery stores’ Asian aisle; a thick orange-red sauce with red pepper flakes in it)
- 2 TB fresh lime juice
- 1 tsp lime zest
- Pat shrimp dry with paper towels and thread shrimp onto four 12-inch skewers (wood skewers must be pre-soaked in water first.) Brush with 1 TB butter and season with cayenne and a pinch of salt on both sides. Keep chilled until grill is ready.
- Heat Thai sweet chili sauce in a small saucepan over medium heat until bubbling. Off heat, whisk in remaining butter, lime juice, and lime zest. Cover and keep warm.
- Grill shrimp over hot fire, about 30-60 seconds per side. Brush with glaze and serve immediately.
Keywords: Thai Grilled Shrimp, Shrimp Skewers, Shrimp Kebabs
Get more out of your grill with this fantastic Teriyaki Grilled Chicken. It’s our favorite way to grill chicken every summer.
We love our stir fry dishes around here, and this Shrimp with Snow Peas is both easy and deeelish!