Instant Pot Turkey
Admittedly, I’ve been pretty happy with our halloween arrangement the last several years. Hubby chaperones any littles that still want to go trick or treating [the teen isn’t as thrilled about it as I am anymore.] I stay home, pass out the goods, and awwww over all the cuties that come to our door. My said teen is in charge of keeping our 70lb Olde English Bulldogge from running out into the night.
When the evening festivities are over, I totally ransack the kids’ stash of goodies when they get home. They know the drill well.
Hand over the Reeses Peanut Butter Cups or else it’s nothing but beets for dinner tomorrow. I’m definitely not winning any Best Mom of the Year awards.
But let me try to redeem myself a little, if that’s possible. I do make entire turkey breasts for dinner even when it’s not Thanksgiving.
Shall I take my bow now, or wait for later?
For reals – the entire family gobbles up this Instant Pot Turkey Breast with Gravy. And it really is so healthy, quick, and delicious that you’ll use it well beyond November…
Tips for How to make Turkey in the Instant Pot (with Gravy, too)
- Either a 6qt sor 8qt Instant Pot will work. I own the 8qt and love it. It allows me the extra room if I need it, and it doesn’t run as much risk of getting over-filled.
- If your turkey breast is frozen, be sure to take it out to defrost a few nights beforehand. Also don’t forget to remove the gravy packet, if it came with one.
- It may seem kinda icky, but do evenly press seasonings under the skin all throughout. I use clean hands (gloves work if you really need it) to evenly press half the seasoning mixture onto the turkey, underneath the skin. This allows the turkey breast to soak up all the savory flavors. The other half of the seasoning mixture can go on top of the skin.
- If you care about how the turkey skin looks, you can place breast under broiler for a bit just to get that beautiful browning. If you aren’t going to eat the skin and don’t care what it looks like, you can totally skip the broil part.
What to serve with Instant Pot Turkey Breast
Who doesn’t like their choice of sides?? These are great for Thanksgiving, or pick and choose what you want to include for a meal anytime:
Here’s another recipe you’ll want to save:
Instant Pot Turkey Breast with Gravy
Tender, succulent turkey breast with gravy can be on the dinner table in less than an hour, with this Instant Pot Turkey Breast with Gravy recipe. This instant pot recipe is so healthy, quick, and delicious, we enjoy it anytime of year.
- Prep Time: 15 min
- Cook Time: 40
- Total Time: 55 minutes
Yield: 8-10 1x
- For the Turkey Breast:
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 tsp kosher salt
- 1/4 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tsp garlic powder
- 2 tsp onion powder
- 2 tsp ground paprika
- 2 tsp freshly chopped rosemary
- 2 tsp freshly chopped thyme
- 2 cups good quality chicken broth
- 6 cloves garlic
- whole 1 onion, peeled and quartered
- 2 stalks celery, quartered
- 2 large carrots, quartered
- Whole turkey breast, about 7lbs (bone-in)
- For the Gravy: 2 TB cornstarch 2 TB water
- In a bowl, mix together the olive oil, salt, pepper, garlic and onion powders, paprika, and chopped herbs. Set aside. Place rack trivet into Instant Pot (rack comes with the IP.) Add broth, garlic cloves, onion, celery, and carrots into the pot. Set aside.
- Use paper towels to thoroughly dry excess moisture off of the turkey breast inside and out. Be sure to remove and discard gravy packet from turkey if there is one. Use clean hands to evenly press half of the olive oil mixture evenly underneath the skin throughout. Evenly press remaining mixture over the skin and all around. Place turkey into Instant Pot. Cook for 30 minutes on high pressure, according to manufacturer instructions.
- Once the 30 minutes is up, be sure to press cancel on pressure cooker and allow your IP to release naturally. It should take about 15-20 minutes. Once natural release is done, transfer turkey to a cutting board and tent with foil to keep warm.* Use slotted spoon to remove most of the veggies from the liquid in your Instant Pot and discard.
- Make Gravy: Combine cornstarch with water and stir until fully dissolved. Turn Instant Pot on to Sauté mode, with lid off, bringing liquid to a boil. Once it starts boiling, immediately add the dissolved cornstarch and stir until liquid becomes thicker, with gravy consistency. This should happen fairly quickly. Turn Instant Pot off and serve gravy with turkey.
*If you want the turkey skin to be browned, place turkey on a baking sheet, on the upper rack of oven. Turn to high broil and watch carefully. Remove turkey once desired level of browning has occured.
- Category: main, poultry
- Method: pressure cooker
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: instant pot turkey
Kitchen Stuff We love:
Incredible Instant Pot Recipes: