Honey Cornbread Muffins Recipe
We didn’t have any leftovers of our amazing Baileys Irish Cream Cake. I’m still dreaming about that luscious cake. But nobody is too mad about our quickly vanished cake, because I made enough of these Honey Cornbread Muffins to last an entire weekend
Maybe. I can’t actually guarantee that these tender, mouthwatering cornbread muffins will still be available in our house for an entire 48 hours. That’s pretty iffy, considering all the people around here grab at these honey-sweetened muffins like nobody’s business.
My peeps inhale these cornbread muffins alongside Slow Cooker Chili with Black Beans and Corn. They gobble up these muffins for a satisfying breakfast. They beg me for another muffin in the afternoon for their pick-me-up snack. I have to hide a couple for myself every single time I bake these. And I feel quite fine about it because these are made with the goodness of pure honey, with zero refined sugar.
So yeah, these fail-proof cornbread muffins last for like a nanosecond around here…
Moist cornbread muffin recipe made with ingredients you’ll approve of
These Honey Cornbread Muffins are made with only a handful of simple, natural ingredients. The team players include plenty of whole grain cornmeal, whole dairy, pure honey, and sweet corn kernels.
The result is a super moist, tender crumb that is not dry at all. The texture is hearty, satisfying, and robust just like a good cornbread muffin should be. The flavor is lightly sweet and slightly savory, allowing the honey to shine. These are not overly sweet so that nobody will mistake them for a sugar laden confection.
Freeze your leftover cornbread muffins
Make some golden delicious honey cornbread muffins. Maybe stir up a pot of Healthy One-Pot Chicken Chili for a fuss-free comfort meal.
Might I mention that these cornbread muffins are perfect for freezing and reheating for a future you that will thank yourself for that gift. It’s the greatest feeling when you already have homemade cornbread muffins at the ready.😀
You’ll May Want this Recipe, Too:
Honey Cornbread Muffins (No Refined Sugar)
- Prep Time: 15 mins
- Cook Time: 17 mins
- Total Time: 32 mins
Yield: 12 1x
- 2 cups (10 oz) unbleached all purpose flour
- 1 cup (4.5 oz) fine ground, whole grain yellow cornmeal
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp table salt
- 2 large eggs
- 2/3 cup pure honey
- 8 TB regular butter, melted
- 3/4 cup whole sour cream
- 1/3 cup whole milk
- 1 1/2 cups frozen corn kernels
- Optional: Soft honey butter for topping
- Adjust oven rack to lower-middle position. Heat oven to 375F. Line a standard muffin tin with paper liners. Set aside.
- Whisk flour, cornmeal, baking powder, baking soda, and salt in a bowl to combine well. Set aside.
- Whisk eggs in second bowl until well combined and pale light yellow, about 20 seconds. Add honey and whisk until homogenous, about 30 seconds. Add melted butter, whisking to combine well. Add sour cream and milk, whisking to fully incorporate.
- Combine wet and dry ingredients together, mixing gently with rubber spatula until batter is just combined and evenly moistened; do not over mix. Gently fold in frozen corn kernels.
- Using ice cream scoop or large spoon, divide batter evenly among muffin cups, dropping to form mounds. Do not level or flatten tops of mounds.
- Bake until muffins are light golden and toothpick comes out almost clean (few tender crumbs are perfect.) Bake about 17-19 minutes, rotating tin halfway through baking time. Actual baking time varies with each oven, but watch closely not to over bake.
- Cool muffins in tin for a bit (if desired, spread some honey butter on top of hot muffins, so it melts into the muffin.) Serve warm.
- Leftovers keep well in airtight container and can be reheated in microwave or oven.
- Serving Size: 1
- Calories: 264
- Sugar: 17.2 g
- Sodium: 223.7 mg
- Fat: 6.5 g
- Carbohydrates: 46.9 g
- Fiber: 2.6 g
- Protein: 6.8 g
- Cholesterol: 39.3 mg
- Category: side dish
- Method: baking
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: honey cornbread muffins recipe
Did you make this?
Leave a comment below and tag @chewoutloud on Instagram