We’ve rounded up our best apple recipes that aren’t just pie. Of course we included a pie, but here’s a favorite collection of recipes that champion the use of apples in both sweet and savory dishes. Enjoy these all season long.
In This Article
Breakfast and Brunch
Apples provide a refreshing and nutritious twist to breakfast recipes. When baked into breads or muffins, they add a burst of flavor and nutrition to start your day right.
- Easy Apple Coffee Cake
You haven’t had coffee cake as tender and flavorful as this apple coffee cake. It’s perfect with your favorite cup of coffee, tea, or milk.
- Apple Fritter Bread
It’s loaded with apples, spices, and topped with a decadent brown sugar-pecan topping. Don’t let fall slip away without baking this bread.
- Cinnamon Apple Baked Donuts
These yummy morsels are bite-sized and baked, not fried. They’re somewhat akin to a mini muffin without a center.
- Upside Down Apple French Toast Bake (Make-ahead!)
Want to sleep in but still serve a hearty breakfast? Try this make-ahead Upside Down Apple French Toast Bake! Assemble everything the night before and just pop it in the oven the next morning.
- Caramel Apple Baked Donuts
If caramel is your jam, you will adore these baked apple donuts lovingly drizzled with caramel.
- Superhero Apple Zucchini Carrot Muffins
Packed with all the good things, these superhero muffins are the breakfast of champions.
- Apple Texas French Toast Bake
This one is a twist on our popular Texas French Toast; we added apples to this mouthwatering dish.
Main Dishes and Sides
Apples can lend a subtle, sweet note to savory main dishes like pork chops or stuffing, balancing flavors beautifully. The crispy texture also adds a delightful crunch.
- Saucy Apple Pork Chops
These Apple Pork Chops are amazingly tender, hugely flavorful, and the perfect autumn dinner.
- Cornbread Stuffing with Sausage and Apples
This is our favorite stuffing recipe of all time, as it’s loaded with the goodness of sausage and apples.
- Easy Crostini Recipe
This simple crostini recipe makes stunning use of apples, brie, and prosciuitto.
The natural sweetness of apples pairs wonderfully with vinaigrettes or creamy dressings alike, elevating the overall flavor profile of your favorite salad.
- Best Broccoli Apple Salad
This apple salad stays crispy and crunchy, even when made ahead of time.
- Wheat Berry Salad with Apples and Cranberries
This is the quintessential fall salad, with its hearty autumn flavors.
- Chopped Apple, Candied Pecan, and Blue Cheese Salad
We love this salad all fall and winter long. Feel free to substitute blue cheese for your favorite kind of cheese instead.
In desserts, apples are a versatile and tasty addition that make stunning pies, crisps, cakes, and even cookies.
- Best Apple Pie with Flaky Butter Crust
We had to include this reader-favorite apple pie, as it’s a tried and true apple dessert that has been loved for years.
- Dutch Apple Pie
If you love a crispy, crunch streusel topping, this Dutch apple pie is a must-try this season.
- Apple Crisp Recipe
This one is an absolute hit, especially when topped a generous scoop of vanilla ice cream.
- Apple Bread Pudding
This isn’t your everyday bread pudding; the apples really amp up the flavors and texture!
- Easy Apple Cake (One Bowl Technique)
When you add apples to a winning cake base, you know it’s going to be spectacular.
- Apple Cake with Caramel
If you love caramel, you’ll adore this caramel apple cake. It’s ridiculously tender, with plenty of apple bits throughout.
- Apple Cookies (With Caramel)
With or without the caramel, these apple cookies are delightful little fall treats.
Whether enjoyed as apple cider, a smoothie, or a cocktail ingredient, their crisp flavor adds a refreshing twist to various drink options.
Video: Watch Us Make Apple Cake
→ Did you make this recipe? Please come back and give it a ⭐️ rating and leave a comment below. Thank you!
Did you make this?
Please give us a rating and comment below. We love hearing from you!
Apple Recipes | Easy Apple Butter
- In a bowl, combine sugar, cinnamon, nutmeg, cloves, and salt. Whisk to combine. Place apples into slow cooker and toss with spice mixture.
- Cook on low for 10 hours, stirring occasionally, until mixture is thickened and dark brown.Uncover and stir in vanilla. Continue cooking, uncovered, for 2 more hours on low.
- Either use an immersion blender or transfer apple butter to a blender. Puree just until smooth and creamy. Transfer to clean jars, cover, and keep chilled for several weeks.
- Use a mixture of apples for best flavor. We love Honeycrisp, Fuji, Golden Delicious, McIntosh, or braeburn.
- Servings are an estimate; this recipe makes roughly 4-5 cups. The amount of servings vary, depending on how you use it.
- Apple butter will keep in the fridge for several weeks in an airtight container, such as a mason jar.
- If you enjoyed this recipe, please come back and give it a rating ⭐️