I have been waiting a long, long time for this.
It’s finally shrimp season. It’s a real thing. Spring and sunshine and warm breezes sing out for shrimp. Maybe it’s the whole ocean-crustacean vibe.
Whatever the reason, I’m swimming with the current. Seafood lovers, dive on in. And if you’re not that into shrimp, perhaps this tantalizing dish will turn the tide for you or someone you know.
Did I mention you only need a handful of healthy ingredients and 15 minutes for this? ⇓
If you like lime, honey, and garlic, you’ll fall head over heals for this tasty dish. We famously kick it up with a splash of Sriracha. #thebombsauce
If you poke around our space a bit, you’ll see the Sriracha addiction in our kitchen.
Believe it or not, it’s actually my 8-year-old that holds the family title of Biggest Sriracha Fan. He will eat kale if there’s Sriracha drizzled all over it. Hmm….
My Biggest Little and I go head to head as the biggest shrimp eaters of our tribe.
My Littlest Little munches on limes for the fun of it. Yeah.
Not to be outdone, when Hubby sees this dish on the menu, he instantly nabs leftover limes for a shake of Mojitos.
Between the five of us, this Honey Lime Shrimp with Sriracha gets devoured easily in a flash. Thankfully, it’s light and healthy so we can totally eat cookies and cream ice cream after dinner 🙂
Here’s to all the sunshine days we’ve been waiting too long for.
And to the bright, zesty dishes that are worthy of such days.
Honey Lime Shrimp with Sriracha
- In a large nonstick pan, stir together oil and garlic over medium heat for 1 minute. Combine lime juice with cornstarch in a small bowl and mix to dissolve cornstarch. Add this to the pan. Add all remaining ingredients to the pan and continue to stir together just until shrimp turns opaque, about 1 1/2 minutes. Do not over cook. Remove from heat.
- Serve warm shrimp with sauce over rice or noodles.
Did you make this?
Leave a comment below and tag @chewoutloud on Instagram
Source: Chew Out Loud
Here are some other shrimp favorites of ours; we think you’ll really really like them!
- Spicy Thai Grilled Shrimp. It’s about time to uncover that grill and revive it from hibernation. This shrimp dish is full of flavor and a crowd favorite.
- Shrimp Ceviche. Every opportunity I get during spring and summer, this is what I’ll make for date nights or small parties. I think I could live on this dish; it’s that fresh, healthy, and delicious.
- One Pot Lemon Orzo with Shrimp. Spring and summer beg for this dish. There’s fresh lemon and shrimp written all over it. Not to mention that it’s one-pot easy.
- 30-Minute Kung Pao Shrimp. We’re not talking greasy Chinese takeout. No, this dish is fresh, flavorful, and healthy. It’s what Kung Pao Shrimp was meant to be.